Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS 30's Quiltalong Week 22 Block #43 Hope & Block #44 Iris (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-30s-quiltalong-week-22-block-43-hope-block-44-iris-t274710.html)

Honchey 01-19-2016 07:13 AM

The FWS 30's Quiltalong Week 22 Block #43 Hope & Block #44 Iris

Hi Everyone, I can't believe how time flies. 2 more weeks and it will be 6 months into this quiltalong...

Anyone have blocks to show? I have a lot of catching up to do..

buddy'smom 01-19-2016 09:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
These are my Hope & Iris blocks but as you can see Hope is backwards. Not sure if I'll leave it or re due??

janRN 01-19-2016 09:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll bat lead off here, Anne. Surprise--these are not Hope & Iris. I just didn't love those blocks so found some to substitute that I like. Anxious to see what everyone else did with these.[ATTACH=CONFIG]540584[/ATTACH]

janRN 01-19-2016 09:40 AM

Buddy's mom, we were posting at the same time. I like your blocks--I just couldn't get them to work in batiks. As for backwards, no such thing--flowers grow in all directions. Great job & fabric choices.

buddy'smom 01-19-2016 09:42 AM

WOW, there stunning blocks. Thanks I will most likely use my hope block as is.

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 7438559)
I'll bat lead off here, Anne. Surprise--these are not Hope & Iris. I just didn't love those blocks so found some to substitute that I like. Anxious to see what everyone else did with these.[ATTACH=CONFIG]540584[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 01-19-2016 11:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Great job. Ladies and a hard act to follow. Just have the Hope block done; I am cooking for the 'pot luck' tomorrow...Pork loin with apples and brown sugar, Green beans in Dutch Over with bacon,, and Sweet potatoes with apples, broan sugar and butter. And Cinnamon Rolls.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]540585[/ATTACH]Hope of all mankind; honors the Star that lead the wise men to Baby Jesus. Hope springs eternally for all mankind as long as we breathe and beyond.

Honchey 01-19-2016 01:31 PM

Pretty colorful blocks this week..I saw yours first Jan and thought..these are easy blocks then realized they are substitutions :D

Hello Buddy'sMom, nice to meet you! I love your vintage fabrics..I have some bits & pieces from maybe 20-25 yrs ago..I'm always checking wherever I travel to add to my collection.. I've seen all your other blocks and you are very accomplished in this art.. keep it up :)

Nna, I'm going to start saving all your little messages..they are so on point..

buddy'smom 01-19-2016 01:56 PM

Thanks so much, nice to meet all you ladies as well, I always try and get 30's fabric's as well, do have some vintage but as I said using them on my vintage quilt.

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 7438784)
Pretty colorful blocks this week..I saw yours first Jan and thought..these are easy blocks then realized they are substitutions :D

Hello Buddy'sMom, nice to meet you! I love your vintage fabrics..I have some bits & pieces from maybe 20-25 yrs ago..I'm always checking wherever I travel to add to my collection.. I've seen all your other blocks and you are very accomplished in this art.. keep it up :)

Nna, I'm going to start saving all your little messages..they are so on point..

Pam P 01-19-2016 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my Hope while I play catch up! Welcome Buddy'smom, glad you are here : ) Love your blocks Jan! They look harder to me! QNS, I want to join your potluck!

oksewglad 01-19-2016 08:19 PM

I love watching all the variations that pop up whether it's in the fabric or different blocks....