Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Not a Folded Wreath but Similar (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/not-folded-wreath-but-similar-t282954.html)

MaggieLou 10-12-2016 06:43 AM

Not a Folded Wreath but Similar

1 Attachment(s)
I made this for my daughter's birthday. Someone posted a link to the site for these a few weeks back. They are very easy to make but the pattern says use 45" fabric but I haven't seen 45" in years. The dimensions for the leaves don't work on anything but 45" the way the pattern says cut the fabric. It says fold the fabric in thirds to cut all the leaves at the same time. That won't work with anything less than 45" fabric. I also found it easier, rather than cutting the leaves by the pattern, to print the template and sew the leaves like I was paper piecing. I think it's easier to get a consistent size for the leaf. IMHO The picture isn't the greatest but you get the idea.

RedGarnet222 10-12-2016 07:13 AM

North Carolina has the most beautiful "leaf Time" display of color on the hills. I can see why you chose this pattern to make for her. I am sure she will love it. I remember walking through the woods during this time and it feels magical to be in all that color.

mandyrose 10-12-2016 07:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
picture is a little blurry on my screen but it looks nice this is the one i did from thinble art [ATTACH=CONFIG]560157[/ATTACH] i stitch down my leaves i didn't like the way they were standing up so i did a blanket stitch i do agree with sewing them like paper piecing thats how i will do the next one i like yours i didn't get that pattern

Kathy T. 10-12-2016 07:54 AM

I hadn't seen this lovely variation on the original design (Folded Wreath) - yours is very well made and perfect colors for the season. Thanks for taking the time to give tips on improving this different pattern.

MaggieLou 10-12-2016 08:27 AM

MandyRose, I like your wreath. It really turned out nicely. I like the way to stitched the leaves to look like vanes. I also got a pattern like that but the leaves are reversed I think. I really haven't looked at it closely. That's my next project for a GD whose BD is next month.

Red Garnett, the leaves are just starting to change here. We'll probably do our annual drive on the Blue Ridge Pkwy this weekend or next.

Tartan 10-12-2016 08:39 AM

Maggielou, lovely fall leaves! It looks like oak and poplar, sew pretty. Mandyrose, the Christmas one is pretty too.

kwiltkrazy 10-12-2016 12:16 PM

very nice fall wreath.

QuiltnNan 10-12-2016 01:24 PM

i saw a pattern for this variation a couple of weeks ago, yours is pretty

M.Elizabeth 10-12-2016 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 (Post 7675170)
North Carolina has the most beautiful "leaf time" display of color on the hills.

Thank you for this comment. That is the reason if I write words of welcome to someone, I say "Welcome from the beautiful mountains of western NC."
Not only is fall beautiful, but springtime is unbelievably beautiful as well.

Mariposa 10-12-2016 01:51 PM

MaggieLou~ your wreath is very pretty! Interesting design, and that leaf print is great!