Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   ATTN: QB'ers NW (OR/WA group) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/attn-qbers-nw-wa-group-t51437.html)

quiltingnonie 06-26-2010 07:25 AM

TWO WEEKS from today I will be heading east up the mountain to the Sisters Quilt Show. Woooohooo!!

Now I know a few of you can't attend - 2 Doods, KarenBarnes, SewCornie are the ones I know for sure. Who else?

We need to plan a rendezvous spot, so why not everyone post a suggestion on this thread? I go early. How about meeting for lunch? Wine Woman & I talked about meeting in the park, and she was gonna bring the wine ;) I do know that the restaurants are PACKED.

Let's hear your ideas.....

Laurie

UglyCook 06-26-2010 07:26 AM

Hmmmm, at least an 8 hour drive, but very tempting.

lovequilts 06-26-2010 07:29 AM

I went a few years ago....One of those memories I will never forget. Wish I had a digital camera back then LOL Will get there again. Enjoy....

Charlee 06-26-2010 07:30 AM

I had figured on pinning a sign on my back with "Charlee, www.quiltingboard.com" on it...figured that would attract the attention of those that know about this board, and maybe encourage others to join us!! :lol: (probably won't do that...kinda tacky...but I DID entertain the thought for a short while!)

I like the idea of meeting at the park...potluck or individual lunches?

Charlee 06-26-2010 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by UglyCook
Hmmmm, at least an 8 hour drive, but very tempting.

C'mon...you KNOW you want to!! ;)

Pam 06-26-2010 07:46 AM

Geez, a 3 day drive for me, too far. Darn.

quiltingnonie 06-26-2010 08:40 AM

Charlee: Now if you look exactly like your avatar, I'd probably recognize you :) Perhaps we could all pin a rose (or flower) on our shirt - might be less tacky than a sign on the back!

I'd say everyone bring their own lunch.

JudyG 06-26-2010 09:39 AM

I'll be there and will try to make it to the park for lunch, but can't promise as I'll be with my five friends that are also going and who know's where we'll end up at lunchtime.

Is anyone attending Alex's lecture in the park Friday night?

Charlee 06-26-2010 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Pam
Geez, a 3 day drive for me, too far. Darn.

I'll save you the cost of a motel!! Fly out, I'll pick you up at the airport, you can stay with me and we'll drive together!! :)

Charlee 06-26-2010 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
Charlee: Now if you look exactly like your avatar, I'd probably recognize you :) Perhaps we could all pin a rose (or flower) on our shirt - might be less tacky than a sign on the back!

I'd say everyone bring their own lunch.

Fabric roses would be fun to make! I'll have to see what I can come up with when I get home tonite!
I don't know how much I look like my avatar! ~laffin~ That little gal that took the photo is good with a camera! (I can wear that same blouse tho!)