Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • QB Help Center
  • Adding Attachments to PM's >
  • Adding Attachments to PM's

• Adding Attachments to PM's

Old 12-03-2011, 06:10 AM

Default Adding Attachments to PM's

How does one do this??? I've looked through what seemed like all the appropriate messages in the Help section; I've done searches in the Help section as well as the Main section. When I reply to PM and click on 'attachments' on the left side of the screen I only get a message that 'I have no attachments'. I'm simply trying to send a couple of files to another member and have been looking for how to do this for 3 days now.

Thanks for any help/instructions that anyone has.
    Old 12-03-2011, 07:10 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]292725[/ATTACH]Hi, I've taken a screenshot of the PM box and attached it here. When you go to send a PM, do you see what is in this screenshot? I don't have the icons showing in the text editor due to the browser I use, so you may or may not see the icons. If you don't see the icon, look on your screen for the word "image" where my screenshot shows it. The button to click is actualy the light blue box right to the left right above the word image. That's where you'd also see the "picture frame" image if your browser shows the icons. Note: If you don't see ANY of this on your window when you go to send a PM, go into settings/general settings. Look for "message editor interface" options towards the bottom of the page and put dot in "enhanced interface", and be sure to scroll down to bottom and click "save changes". Just to make sure the change sticks, exit out of the QB and reopen it in a new browser window. Now, if you didn't see the editor box before, you should see it now. Click on the "picture frame" icon, or the word "image" (both would be in the same spot), and you should be able to attach an image. Good luck!
    Attached Thumbnails image-pm.jpg  

Last edited by mzzzquilts; 12-03-2011 at 07:14 AM. Reason: forgot to attach image !!
    Old 12-04-2011, 01:30 AM
    Administrator

1. you probably need to update your browser software. (If you are using AOL, you should switch to a different browsing software altogether. AOL doesn't work and play well with our site.)

2. you can embed URLs that point to an off-site photo storage resource, but you can't upload directly from your computer into a PM.
    Old 12-04-2011, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    1. you probably need to update your browser software. (If you are using AOL, you should switch to a different browsing software altogether. AOL doesn't work and play well with our site.)

2. you can embed URLs that point to an off-site photo storage resource, but you can't upload directly from your computer into a PM.
    Oops, I stand corrected...didn't know that
    Old 12-04-2011, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ

I use Internet Explorer - don't know which version. Figured out #2 after some sleuthing with the enhanced version. Still don't get the buttons within the boxes but I can mouse-over them and have them work. Probably need a newer version of IE for that to work but that doesn't bother me.

Thanks for the info. My new little friend and I have worked out the file sharing issue and hopefully she's on her way to the quilt she wants!
    Old 12-04-2011, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by NJ Quilter
    I use Internet Explorer - don't know which version. Figured out #2 after some sleuthing with the enhanced version. Still don't get the buttons within the boxes but I can mouse-over them and have them work. Probably need a newer version of IE for that to work but that doesn't bother me.

Thanks for the info. My new little friend and I have worked out the file sharing issue and hopefully she's on her way to the quilt she wants!
    If you have the toolbar view showing in IE, you can click on "help" on the IE toolbar, then slide down to "about Internet Explorer", it will tell you which version you have.
    Old 12-04-2011, 09:50 AM
    Power Poster

click on Go Advanced before you reply, then go down to manage attachments. click on that and look at the top, click on Browse. then find your photo in your computer and click on it once. and then on open. then Upload.then close window. then Submit reply.
    Attached Thumbnails advent-xmas-1999.jpg  
    Old 12-04-2011, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
    click on Go Advanced before you reply, then go down to manage attachments. click on that and look at the top, click on Browse. then find your photo in your computer and click on it once. and then on open. then Upload.then close window. then Submit reply.
    NJ Quilter was asking about how to do it in a private message. I didn't know, until PatriceJ posted here, that you cannot upload a picture from your personal computer into a private message. See her post a few posts up.