Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Adding Pictures >

Adding Pictures

Adding Pictures

Old 12-23-2022, 07:50 AM

Default Adding Pictures

This last month I have found that I'm unable to post pictures to my thread. I'm am doing the same as I always have and resized the photo to meet requirements shown (jpg) but when I try to post I get an error message. Anyone else having this problem?
Old 12-23-2022, 08:15 AM

Here is how I post pictures - I've never resized mine. To write in the post that I put my picture(s) in, generally I put the picture in first and submit it to make sure they are going in and then I edit it right away and write what I'm going to write. Or you can write in the post after doing the upload but before you submit your reply. -- again Do not review your post, just submit it.

How to Post Picture in quilting forum:

Click on the 'Go Advanced' box below the quick reply message area. (quick reply message area is at the bottom of the page when you are in a thread)

then click on the paperclip symbol beside the happy face in the header above the message box (you'll see it after you click on the 'go advanced' box)

then click on 'choose a file' (and go to the picture file on your computer and choose the picture you want to post)
do this multiple times if you have more than one picture to post

then go clear over to the right side of the box where you chose a file, by sliding the tab on the bottom so you can see the right side of that page

and then click on the box that says 'upload' near the top of the page

once it is done uploading, then submit your reply --- ------ Note: do not preview the post, just submit your reply.

Last edited by quiltsfor; 12-23-2022 at 08:20 AM.
Old 12-23-2022, 08:49 AM
Power Poster

I wish you luck, I have given up!
Old 12-23-2022, 04:13 PM

I've been having problems as well and also had given up. Don't remember having issues before when posting pictures. I think I may have been trying to preview. Maybe I'll try again.
Old 12-23-2022, 04:46 PM

Thank you quiltsfor for your info. I'll try doing what you suggested and not preview the post.
Old 12-23-2022, 04:59 PM

What does the error message say??
Old 12-23-2022, 05:37 PM

Added note: Both what you write in your post plus your pictures need to be in the Go Advanced message box when you want to put pictures in with your post.

I generally put my pictures in, submit it and then click on edit and put in what I want to write. That way I'm sure what I'm writing and my pictures are in the same post.
Old 12-24-2022, 06:27 AM

Yes, just recently the past week I can't respond if I add a photo but I can respond if I dont. Just started happening maybe a week ago for me.
Old 12-24-2022, 12:51 PM
Administrator

testing
100_0864.jpg

well ... i won't lie. it wasn't as easy as usual, that's for sure.
after i completed the upload, i had to click again on the paperclip... about 3 or 4 times.
then the image appeared as a thumbnail.

Last edited by patricej; 12-24-2022 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-24-2022, 01:59 PM

another test - John has made a few Christmas card over the years and thought I would try using advanced rather than reply.
2015 card
christmas2015.jpg
2016 card

2017 card I'm not inserting in the body of the post and hopefully will attach as an attachment.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

ETA: The 2015 I inserted from the paper clip. I used the mountains icon(next to the smiley and used the URL for the 2016 card. The 2017 card did attach but since I used the paper clip to insert the other two, it added after my signature. I have noticed that when inserting that after clicking the paper clip that it takes a while to load. On my computer I have a little circle that spins on the tab where the icon for the "Quilting Board" is and the image names show up when it stops.
Attached Thumbnails card2016.jpg   theteam9-2400x1800.jpg  

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 12-24-2022 at 02:12 PM.