Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Amazon pop up

Amazon pop up

How do I get rid of the amazon pop up it keeps throwing me out of this site only

Blog Entries
    please post what type of computer/device operating system/browser you are using
    are you using an ad blocker?
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Blog Entries
    Sending you a PM. Thanks for all you do on behalf of QB members.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

I am using an Apple tablet and this is the only site I am having a problem with

I am also getting the amazon pop up that throws me off the QB site. Very frustrating. It only happens on my Apple ipad. I turned off ipad and turned back on but that didn't help.
    Denise

You do not simply stumble upon the happy life.....you make it!

Blog Entries

Amazon pop up screen shots

Name:  86B13044-0866-41A9-95F9-D7786860DCDE.png
Views: 244
Size:  544.2 KBName:  C2F9881D-EB82-4BAD-9A80-00F9A342B776.png
Views: 244
Size:  275.1 KBName:  516F428C-7D56-4E30-A2E5-7F032C1A82E3.png
Views: 245
Size:  297.7 KBName:  E31E3097-E302-4C9C-82A2-7189E42150F3.png
Views: 246
Size:  265.9 KBThese screen shots show what's happening. I didn't know how to do the URL, so have to do it publicly. The first three are what comes up on my screen. The last two are a couple of results showing the results of my question to Google if the Amazon site was legit. No, it's not and could be a real problem. I have AdBlock (it was turned off somehow, but is back on with the pop up continuing), Safari/Google Chrome and am using an iPad IOS 11.2.6. It only happens on QB, sorry to say. Hope this helps get the situation resolved. QB is a favorite for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by coopah; 03-18-2018 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Tried to delete second screen shot of last phot, but it just moved it.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    check this thread:
    https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-hel...k-t295205.html

given that the problem occurs exclusively (or at least mostly) in the safari or chrome browsers on i-devices, i would recommend downloading and installing a different browser.

there are a bazillion out there for mobile devices.
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

for Newsletter or Digest issues, please contact [email protected]

To contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community, you may email [email protected]

Blog Entries
    i have sent this information to tech support.
    the screen shots will be very helpful to them.

To contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community, you may email [email protected]

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Patrice. Glad the screen shots will help. I'll check into other browsers and for now will go on the iMAC (not mobile) for awhile. My nephew is a computer geek and may be able to walk us through what we need to do.
    The AdBlock app is working, because it just blocked a PM, probably from QB, because that's the only place I have that does the PMs. Sometimes computers make me feel like Alice going down the rabbit hole! :-)

I get that every time I try to use the boar. Soooo frustrating!

I also get this pop up. I am using an iPad and this is the only site that I get the pop up on. It’s very annoying.

Yeah, and all of the threads have once again became inundated with ads (after every other reply in every thread). And I am Not reporting that this is happening on Chrome or any Apple OS. Many many members are having this issue, again.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-19-2018 at 08:13 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
    - Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
    - I've lost my mind somewhere in the heap of quilting scraps and motherboards.

Blog Entries
    and i have reported it again.

i even made the ultimate sacrifice.
    i used the internet app on my phone to show them an example.

i broke out in hives.
    might need a trip to the ER.

lol
    Last edited by PatriceJ; 03-19-2018 at 11:29 AM.

djw
    Blog Entries
    I have tried to use Chrome and Firefox brousers. I still get this annoying ad regardless of the brouser I use. Can someone tell me how to avoid them?

djw
    Blog Entries
    I have a Lenovo lap top with windows 10 and I do have an ad blocker. I have used google chrome and firefox. But I still get this amazon popup. How do I stop it?

I was getting something similar and the problem is your internet history. I was told to go remove it from the history - I just cleared my history. It was a pain to go back and put things I wanted i.e.: my bank and e-mail. But it was better than always dealing with that stupid pop up. It is not an Amazon ad - it is a fishing expedition for a scam/virus/etc.

Blog Entries
    My solution has been to go to the "big boy" computer where I am not recognized, because I'm not checked in. Of course, I can't contribute any of my extremely worthwhile comments, but it's my way of avoiding the pop ups for now.

Patrice, I do hope you managed to avoid the ER! You DID make the ultimate sacrifice!