Archive

Old 02-04-2023, 06:39 AM

Default Archive

I've been trying to open the Archive for months. Every time I get this message:

This page isn’t working

www.quiltingboard.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

Is this going to be fixed? My use of this website has decreased dramatically because this is how I like to find new threads.
Old 02-04-2023, 07:42 AM

Not working

This was the last posting from Admin. That it would be addressed in the next update
Old 02-04-2023, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
Not working

This was the last posting from Admin. That it would be addressed in the next update
Admin said it would be fixed by the first week in January. I wonder what happened that it isn't fixed yet... a month later.
Old 02-04-2023, 08:41 AM

Interesting that you use the archive to find new posts. I just use the "New Posts" at the top of the page.
Old 02-04-2023, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
Interesting that you use the archive to find new posts. I just use the "New Posts" at the top of the page.
This is a good answer from wesing in a previous thread:

"the reason we like the Archive button is it lists posts by sub board in chronological order of the original post. Posts we’ve already seen are one color, and posts we haven’t seen are in another color. The New Posts button shows you all posts, whether you’ve already seen the thread or not, that have new posts in them. I personally don’t like clicking into threads I’ve already read. If I want to follow a thread, I subscribe to it, and I can click the User CP button in the upper left and see my subscribed threads and know which ones have new posts in them (those are bolded). I click the little symbol to the left of the thread title, and it takes me to the first response I haven’t seen. Using the User CP and Archive buttons, I can look at only new posts that I’m interested in, without having to scroll through pages of responses I’ve already seen. It’s a huge time saver. Right now I’m not seeing much of the board’s new activity because I don’t like scrolling through a bunch of stuff I’ve already seen. Maybe I’m lazy, but this is how I interact with the board and I don’t want to spend time doing 8t another way. I hope this gets repaired soon."
Old 02-04-2023, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by JENNR8R View Post
This is a good answer from wesing in a previous thread:

"the reason we like the Archive button is it lists posts by sub board in chronological order of the original post. Posts we’ve already seen are one color, and posts we haven’t seen are in another color. The New Posts button shows you all posts, whether you’ve already seen the thread or not, that have new posts in them. I personally don’t like clicking into threads I’ve already read. If I want to follow a thread, I subscribe to it, and I can click the User CP button in the upper left and see my subscribed threads and know which ones have new posts in them (those are bolded). I click the little symbol to the left of the thread title, and it takes me to the first response I haven’t seen. Using the User CP and Archive buttons, I can look at only new posts that I’m interested in, without having to scroll through pages of responses I’ve already seen. It’s a huge time saver. Right now I’m not seeing much of the board’s new activity because I don’t like scrolling through a bunch of stuff I’ve already seen. Maybe I’m lazy, but this is how I interact with the board and I don’t want to spend time doing 8t another way. I hope this gets repaired soon."
Okay. I guess I'm just not that picky about how I view the posts and whether or not I have to look at one more than once

Old 02-07-2023, 10:04 AM
Power Poster

JennR8R ... Like you, I haven't been on the board as much, because of the Archives link not working.

Sure hope that the Admin people see your new thread and give us a positive response with some action.

CashsMom ... What I particularly like about accessing the board via the Archives link, is that I can check all the new threads as they are put up (or whenever I get to do so!). Then I either post to that thread or subscribe. That way I know I will see the follow-up posts as they happen. If it's a topic of which I am not interested, then I never see it again!
Old 02-07-2023, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
CashsMom ... What I particularly like about accessing the board via the Archives link, is that I can check all the new threads as they are put up (or whenever I get to do so!). Then I either post to that thread or subscribe. That way I know I will see the follow-up posts as they happen. If it's a topic of which I am not interested, then I never see it again!
I understand. I'm just not that concerned about that and, in fact, I enjoy checking back on threads to see what's being said or what solutions people offer.
Old 02-07-2023, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Hello - Just wanted to give an update. The bug for this issue has been filed. I have contacted our tech team to escalate the priority for a sooner release.
Old 02-07-2023, 10:15 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
I understand. I'm just not that concerned about that and, in fact, I enjoy checking back on threads to see what's being said or what solutions people offer.
CashsMom ... It's nice if the options are there, and working, so that we can each choose what works best for each of us!

Although I do keep reminding myself this is a free board, so we really can't expect to have much influence on the decisions!