Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Brand names

Brand names

Is it a no no to post a thread with a brand name in it?
    Peace

Blog Entries
    if you are just talking about an item, you can mention a brand. if you have a complaint, then no. if you are affiliated in any way with the brand or an establishment that sells it, then no.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

So in a discussion on irons for example we wouldn't be able to say our rowenta leaks or oliso feet quit working?
    Alyce

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
    So in a discussion on irons for example we wouldn't be able to say our rowenta leaks or oliso feet quit working?
    that depends.
    you cannot post for the sole purpose of complaining about something.
    that's a consumer complaint.
    we don't allow those because we only get one side of the story.

if somebody else posts asking for reviews of a product and you have had a less than wonderful experience with it then it's ok to say so (specifically why) as long as you don't rant and rave about it. you must be fair about it, though. if you made no attempt to have the problem fixed by the manufacturer or vendor then you should include that information.

no matter how much quality control a manufacturer or vendor implements, a stinker will always manage to slip through every huge once-in-a-while. if we don't give them a chance to make it good then we don't really have any grounds to complain.
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

for Newsletter or Digest issues, please contact [email protected]

To contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community, you may email [email protected]