Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Can someone tell me why >

Can someone tell me why

Can someone tell me why

Old 01-31-2012, 05:57 PM

Default Can someone tell me why

Can someone tell me why, when I go to "What's New" and open a post, read it and close it, when I go back to find it, its not there. I understand that new posts are being added, but the post I am looking for should be there. I went through several pages, but can't find it. Is there a way that one can look it up somewhere. Don't remember who posted it, but it was about the windows and putting quilted squares in the panes. Would appreciate any help anyone can give. Thanks
Old 01-31-2012, 06:23 PM

I'd also like to know where to bookmark a thread so I can find it again. I don't get the email updates on a thread like I used to.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:47 PM

Go to Quick Links and email a Site Leader with your question. Maybe they will be able to help you.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by luce321 View Post
Can someone tell me why, when I go to "What's New" and open a post, read it and close it, when I go back to find it, its not there. I understand that new posts are being added, but the post I am looking for should be there. I went through several pages, but can't find it. Is there a way that one can look it up somewhere. Don't remember who posted it, but it was about the windows and putting quilted squares in the panes. Would appreciate any help anyone can give. Thanks
After you open it and read it it's not new anymore.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:01 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by luce321 View Post
Dont quote me but this is what ive noticed:

its not new anymore unless someone posts something after you did.. or if you just looked and not posted it wont pop back to new unless someone posts on it again..
Old 01-31-2012, 08:17 PM

I don't know, I still can't figure out this "new" board and I've seriously tried and tried.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:17 AM

To: Lovetoquilt and Scissorqueen, thanks for the info, I did not know about this. The reason I went back to the post was because I forgot to copy it. Can't remember who posted it, but it was about a "Tie Quilt" she had made and it was so pretty. I have been looking for a pattern that I liked, to make one and this was a really nice one.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by booklady View Post
I'd also like to know where to bookmark a thread so I can find it again. I don't get the email updates on a thread like I used to.
Hi,
I don't know how to bookmark yet but to get the email updates on a thread you need to check the "subscribe to this thread" box and also check how you would like to get the emails like "immediately by email". This is when you post a new thread you scroll down and you will see it. Try it, it works. I was new to this board shortly before the big change and feeling confident learning how to post then I suffered a little set back but now I am still learning and I am loving it again especially feeling high tech - well not exactly but better anyway. Don't get discouraged, it's like quilting, the more you do the better you get and the better you feel. Cheers and happy quilting.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:17 AM

I also have had that disappearing post-but after checking a dozen pages I give up-- I really miss the E-mail updates because with this new format I can't bookmark anything new -I haven't been able to find my bookmarks from the old format ..I rarely even check the board anymore -it doesn't quite have the same old homey touch...
Old 02-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Power Poster

The post you may be looking for was by diannemc. The title was Grandma's window quilt blocks. Put the title in the search box and you should be able to find it.