Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Difficulty In Replying to Message from Board >

Difficulty In Replying to Message from Board

Difficulty In Replying to Message from Board

Old 01-02-2015, 07:08 AM

Default Difficulty In Replying to Message from Board

Okay, I'm a newbie here, so its probably me. But I have a very hard time responding to messages I receive from other board members, and even when posting a new message (like this one!. When I try to type, the letters are deleted, or just won't "take".

Anybody else have this problem and can offer help?

Cheryl
Old 01-02-2015, 07:30 AM
Power Poster

When I reply, I click on to the reply to message, then either go to the bottom of the message or the very top at the beginning and sometimes click on the enter key. But you have to left click. I sometimes catch myself moving my cursor to where I want to type in the message and if I don't left click, it may type or just not type and jump all around. You can also go down to the end of the message to reply.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
When I reply, I click on to the reply to message, then either go to the bottom of the message or the very top at the beginning and sometimes click on the enter key. But you have to left click. I sometimes catch myself moving my cursor to where I want to type in the message and if I don't left click, it may type or just not type and jump all around. You can also go down to the end of the message to reply.
I do exactly what you've outlined. Right now, I'm typing away without any problems. But I had a HECK of a time with my original posting here. Is this board just naturally sluggish a lot of the time? Because I don't think its my computer equipment on my end. I'm at work writing this and we've got all the latest technology!
Old 01-02-2015, 08:04 AM

I usually have the same problem. It seems to happen if I've made a typo and backspace to correct it. Then the letters just won't come up when I type them. Thought it was just my problem!
Old 01-02-2015, 10:16 AM

Our fabulous monitor moved my post to this area on the Board (thank you). Cheryl
Old 01-03-2015, 11:36 AM

I had the same problems with typing and someone told how to correct this in a recent post. I will try to tell you how to correct the problem as I couldn't find the information when I did a search. Go to the tools on the top of the page and open the box. Chose Compatibility View Setting to open that box. Tell it to add this Website which will be: quiltingboard.com and then close the box. It really helped me and a big thanks to the member who explained this first.