Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
This forum keeps closing down!!!!! >

This forum keeps closing down!!!!!

This forum keeps closing down!!!!!

Old 01-31-2012, 08:16 PM

Default This forum keeps closing down!!!!!

It's driving me crazy! I was told that I need to use a different server. I didn't have any problems before the change and I don't understand why I need to re-do my computer so that I can use it now. Over half the time that I try to post a reply it tells me that "quiltingboard is not responding" and then closes the program. RRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:45 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

In IE i have alot of problems.. I moved over to Firefox and now, well not so many issues but better then IE..

I hate the white screens i get on occasion.. seems like the qb site is bogged down and cant catch up ..
Old 01-31-2012, 09:34 PM
Power Poster

I was able to access the new site without problems until we changed providers. We now have fiber optic, which delivers higher speed internet. However, now I often cannot get in to the QB. Even after I am in, it soon starts timing out on me. My only option is to visit other websites and come back to the QB later.... and hope this time I can get in for awhile. This problem does not happen with any other website I visit. Dh thinks it might be a problem with the routing tables. Interestingly enough, though, when I get onto a newer computer in the house I can access the QB faster and don't get timed out as quickly. However, I do get timed out on that computer too (and again with no other website). I get more done around the house now......
Old 01-31-2012, 09:36 PM

same thing keep happening to me also. Not sure what we can do.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:31 AM

We changed over to Firefox, too. Had so many problems trying to load or update other programs finally had to step away from IE.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:48 AM

I'm having trouble when changing categories...it takes a few minutes to download the page. Also, I'm getting a "v bulletin" notification when I go to a topic that has multiple pages. I'm using Firefox on Windows 7 and it has always been fast so don't know what's occuring now to slow it down. I'm also on the QB at odd hours so not sure if other people accessing the QB really makes a difference. Maybe admin is tweaking some things...
Old 02-01-2012, 02:02 AM
Administrator

it's a perplexing situation ... no doubt about it.

the problem with the problem is that it happens to only a few members - not to all of us, or even to most of us.
no clear pattern has revealed itself that would identify the cause.

i have only been able to replicate the problem once.
i was using Internet Explorer, Windows 7, brand new computer, latest versions of everything.
the only thing that was different about my own computing environment was an abnormally weak signal from my wireless router.

tech support has been unable to replicate the problem.
because they are aware and because the goal of any site is universal success i'm sure they will continue trying to figure it out for you.

i know that doesn't provide an immediate answer for those having the problem.
i wish i had something more concrete to report, but ...
Old 02-01-2012, 05:20 AM

I use Firefox and notice that this site, out of all others can be VERY SLOW - slow to open, slow to change pages. Sometimes it is fine however.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Power Poster

As I mentioned, I had no problems accessing the new QB website until we changed providers. In both cases, I am using the same computer with Windows 7 and IE.

I checked with dh tonight, and apparently my computer is hard-wired, so a weak wireless router signal would not be the cause of the problem. Now that we have fiber optic, speed is in the neighborhood of 10 mbps.

The QB is the only website I access that has the problem. Sometimes I can use it just fine, but more often than not the QB website will not load at all or, after I have been on it and looked at three or four messages, it stalls and I get the IE "cannot connect with website" message (not exact wording). If I run their diagnostic on why I cannot connect, it cannot determine a reason. It seems that the system stalls waiting for a response from the QB, as I see the "waiting for response from" message at the bottom of the screen, and finally my computer times out on the wait. I haven't timed the wait, but it is at least a minute. Other websites consistently load quickly. This one loads quickly maybe one time out of three, and times out on the other two.

Not sure this is helpful, but maybe it rules out something.....
Old 02-02-2012, 01:15 AM
Administrator

yes ... that was very helpful. thanks for the detailed information.