Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help posting a picture

Help posting a picture

I read the instructions for posting a picture. It says there is a picture of a tree to click on, but I do not get that, when I try to post a new thread. It is missing from the page. Does anyone know what is wrong?
    Thanks
    Karen from Appleton, Wisconsin

Power Poster
    The “tiny tree” is in the icon box with the smiley faces etc. If you do not have the icons, you need to go into settings and click on WYSIWYG I believe.

I have the icons but there is not a tree, and I don't see WYSIWYG in settings. Thanks for trying to help me.

Under Settings, scroll down to "General Settings" in the left-hand column. Then scroll waaay down, to the "Miscellaneous Options" section. You can turn on WYSIWYG editing there.

If this doesn't work, post again, and I will try to find a different way that works.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Power Poster
    My icon box in post quick reply has the (left to right) smiley face, the tiny world, tiny world with an X in red and the next square icon has the tiny!! tree.....

Blog Entries
    i click on Go Advanced by Post quilt reply. then below on Manage attachments. it comes up with Browse. i click on that and find my picture. click on it and open or what ever it says at bottom of that box. then on Upload. submit and done.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I sometimes have trouble getting the icons to show. You might want to look at https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintag...ml#post6299333 that has an image and red arrows showing what to click in order to post pictures.

In addition to Steve's great instructions, you will probably want to resize your picture and "save as" with a different name so you can have both pictures and know which picture you can post.

I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager on my Windows 8.1 laptop. One of the options to "Edit Pictures" is Resize. I use "Percentage of original." Then "Save As" with a different name. Then do not save "original changes" (option when close program) so still have original size.

Hope this helps

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
    Janey & John

I know how frustrating it is. I now use my Iphone but for some reason the pictures come out sideways.
    I send the pics to me, then download them and then I can post them from my files.

Help... my picture is sideways. How do I rotate it

I did find the steps you gave me and turned it on. Now I will try to post a pic of my machine.
    Thank you so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jecreed View Post
    Help... my picture is sideways. How do I rotate it
    The oddest thing happened to my last post of my kittens.
    They posted sideways but if you right click on the photo it comes up right side up! I can't figure it out
    but Nativetexan told me and it worked.

https://www.quiltingboard.com/person...g-t298591.html

Thanks, I followed your instructions and now have the tree, but when I chose the jpg file from my computer, and it shows that I did, and I click on the download button, nothing happens.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ploverwi2 View Post
    Thanks, I followed your instructions and now have the tree, but when I chose the jpg file from my computer, and it shows that I did, and I click on the download button, nothing happens.
    it is probaby too large, try resizing it smaller
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.