Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
How do I show "unread" posts... >

How do I show "unread" posts...

How do I show "unread" posts...

Old 01-18-2012, 05:51 AM

Default How do I show "unread" posts...

on the old site I could choose to read "unread" posts only. Is that option available on this new format? I can't seem to find anything about that. Thanks for your help
Old 01-18-2012, 05:55 AM

Sorry I cannot help you with your specific question but since the change I am spending WAY LESS time on this site--I can never find something twice in a row or at least not following the same steps. I cannot even get it to let me close what I am currently reading--0half the time it takes me all the way out and then I have to reenter. Not at all friendly so I just don't waste my time here anymore.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by ka9sdn View Post
Sorry I cannot help you with your specific question but since the change I am spending WAY LESS time on this site--I can never find something twice in a row or at least not following the same steps. I cannot even get it to let me close what I am currently reading--0half the time it takes me all the way out and then I have to reenter. Not at all friendly so I just don't waste my time here anymore.

Sorry to say, but I don't spend as much time here as I used to either. Not user friendly for computer challanged people like me! I did well with the old site. Oh well, I'm getting more quiting done!
Old 01-18-2012, 06:18 AM

Unread posts show up as a teal blue, once you read it the post heading is purple. Hope this makes sense.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:36 AM

The closest thing the new board has to the old boards "unread" feature is the "Archives" You can find that link at the very bottom of the page. It has EVERY thread ever posted listed, and the newest one on each forum is listed at the top. If you have an updated browser, and cookies enabled, they will change color after you've read them. The new board is wonderful, a lot of work has gone into tweaking it for members, and we all should appreciate it, or if it doesn't make you happy anymore, consider moving on....one of life's lessons I've learned.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:48 AM

right above the first post, is the option to "view first unread" just click that...
Old 01-20-2012, 01:50 PM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

Yes, the change has freed up a lot of time for me also...
Old 01-21-2012, 05:36 AM

The colors change, but if any shut down occurs, all the color indicators disappear. My husband was using my computer the last couple of days and everytime I wanted to go on, all my highlighted stuff was gone.