Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
How to upload >

How to upload

How to upload

Old 07-04-2020, 02:42 AM
Administrator

let me see if i am following your steps correctly ...

cool!

you asked: "How did you avoid the file to be shown as a thumbnail below the uploaded text?"

when you go through all the crazy steps listed in the FAQ it takes to insert an image rather than simply attaching it (and repeated in the instructions file i posted) , the thumbnail no longer shows at the end of the post.

i like your method better than the way we are instructed to do it in the FAQ.
the fact that the thumbnail remains is - to me - an insignificant detail.
now ... if i can just remember it. lol
Attached Thumbnails 100_0864.jpg  

Last edited by patricej; 07-04-2020 at 02:48 AM.
Old 07-04-2020, 04:03 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Gymnast2 View Post
When I click reply to a post like now, I get a section below the text I write called "Additional options" and a subsection "Attach files". Here I click on "Manage attachment" that handles the upload in a separate window. Then I close the window, and now below I see a name of my uploaded diagram as a link below. Then I right click on this name and chose "copy link". This link is the QB link adress to the uploaded png file and can be used as link reference.

I have not found an other way to insert the diagram in the text. When I just click on the icon or the name the diagram is not inserted by that. How did you avoid the file to be shown as a thumbnail below the uploaded text?
Thank you for these instructions. Some members have been able to get the full pic in the post without the thumbnail attachment by uploading the pic to their album, clicking on the album pic, then copying the Picture URL and using the Image info tab in the URL box in the reply box, like this one... there is no thumbnail this way either. And the pic will appear wherever you have your cursor.

if you right click and choose inspect, it will show that the pic links back to the QB album

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-12-2020 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
Some members have been able to get the full pic in the post without the thumbnail attachment by uploading the pic to their album, clicking on the album pic, then copying the Picture URL and using the picture icon Link tab in the reply box, like this one... there is no thumbnail this way either. And the pic will appear wherever you have your cursor.
if you right click and choose inspect, it will show that the pic links back to the QB album
I have tried this method, and I have been able to extract some links ending with .png or .jpg. However the pictures I can see on these links do not have the full size of the original png-file I uploaded. They are smaller in size.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:23 PM
j50

Red face better explanation needed

Need more clarification.
When I click reply to a post like now, I get a section below the text I write called "Additional options" and a subsection "Attach files". Here I click on "Manage attachment" that handles the upload in a separate window. Do you then choose a file and Then click upload? which window do you close ?

and now below What? I see a name of my uploaded diagram as a link below?? Then I right click on this name and chose "copy link". What do you do with link? This link is the QB link adress to the uploaded png file and can be used as link reference.

I have not found an other way to insert the diagram in the text. When I just click on the icon or the name the diagram is not inserted by that. How did you avoid the file to be shown as a thumbnail below the uploaded text?
I always use the attach files for photos but can not follow your instrucions.
Hey Patrice maybe you can help out.
Thanks.
Old 07-04-2020, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by j50 View Post
Need more clarification.
I always use the attach files for photos but can not follow your instrucions.
Hey Patrice maybe you can help out.
Thanks.
This only reply was never ment to be a finished instruction on how to upload pictures. The reply is on top on all the other information given in this thread and in the FAQ and ment to be information for the managers and moderators of QB. I know my english is not perfect and I do not think I should be the guy making final instructions for QB. I recommend you to read the FAQ and all the written information in this thread.
Old 07-05-2020, 02:55 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Gymnast2 View Post
I recommend you to read the FAQ and all the written information in this thread.
start with the instructions thread/document i wrote and posted seven months ago, at the top of the QB Help Center.
then go through the rest of the threads here.
Old 07-05-2020, 09:35 AM

Think I mentioned it before in this thread, but I haven't been able to get the paperclip icon to work, I think that is a combination of my browser combined with some of my various protection problems. Since I can do what I need by the manage attachments button, I've stopped trying to figure it out, but sometimes it would be nice to embed a diagram in the text.

It seems cumbersome, but once you get the image imbedded into the text, can you then edit out the thumbnail attachment?

You'd have to do it all at the same time because of the short time allowed for editing (and there are good reasons for that too).
Old 07-05-2020, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
... once you get the image imbedded into the text, can you then edit out the thumbnail attachment?
to me, that's a detail worthy of ignoring.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:15 AM
j50

Default Patrice can you share with us how you did this

You followed instructions from post #20. can you please share with us those steps that got you to post a photo as you did in this post #21.I can post photos but you seem to have learned from post #20 how to post photos like they used to show up before the change in format.

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
let me see if i am following your steps correctly ...

cool!

you asked: "How did you avoid the file to be shown as a thumbnail below the uploaded text?"

when you go through all the crazy steps listed in the FAQ it takes to insert an image rather than simply attaching it (and repeated in the instructions file i posted) , the thumbnail no longer shows at the end of the post.

i like your method better than the way we are instructed to do it in the FAQ.
the fact that the thumbnail remains is - to me - an insignificant detail.
now ... if i can just remember it. lol
Old 07-05-2020, 02:49 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by j50 View Post
You followed instructions from post #20. can you please share with us those steps that got you to post a photo as you did in this post #21.I can post photos but you seem to have learned from post #20 how to post photos like they used to show up before the change in format.
if you read the whole thread ... especially the ones before i posted the new image ... you will find the answer.
i am not going to repeat myself again and again.

Read what's already been posted.