Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
I need help.... >

I need help....

I need help....

Old 12-02-2011, 01:14 AM

Default I need help....

It has been a month now since the board changed and I have really tried..honestly to like the new board but I find it such a muddle that I have stopped looking at it most days....this in turn has had a real affect on my quilting projects, I used to get so many ideas from here.....so I need help......Please is there anyone on the board who really loves the board and would help me sort out where I can find things....how I can perhaps be less daunted by all the options etc.
I should add I am a spring chicken and very computer literate....I'd love to have the old board back but that's not going to happen...so I need help...Please someone help me get my enthusiasm back.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:57 AM

I am not sure what you are having difficulty with, but, patience is a definite virtue with the new format. If you click on What's New at the top, it pretty much aliviates having to shift through the pages of posts. However, that being said, I only found that a couple of days ago. If you have a couple of minutes extra, sometimes just quickly going through each category gives you a quick idea of what is going on. I know I don't spend as much time on here as I did a month ago, but, each day I try to explore a new category for a few minutes just to see what it is about. I'm not sure this helps you, but I felt the same way when they changed the format. Each day as I become alittle more familiar with the site, I spend alittle more time on it. I don't know if it is just me, or what, but it seems like there are less posts than before, but, maybe people are just busy with the holidays. Maybe if you could be alittle more specific in what problem you are having, someone could help. So please take a few minutes each day just to explore the new site and please don't give up.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:53 AM

If you go to the bottom of the page and click on "Archive" you will get a list of all the topics and it is very current. This is what I do every morning.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:09 AM

I also use the archive button and then have a look at the areas that interest me, it's not quite the same as the old unread topics but it gives me the most recent posts and I can easily see which ones I have already looked at. It does take a little getting used to, and I'm sure lots of people are just busy at the moment, so there doesn't seem as many posts as before, but I'm sure in time it will become more like the board we were used to.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Donna H-M View Post
If you go to the bottom of the page and click on "Archive" you will get a list of all the topics and it is very current. This is what I do every morning.
I do this as well. Click on the forum you wish to read (Main, Pictures, etc.). They are in chronological by date. Once you've read them, the post will change color so you know what you've read. This is so much easier for me and it's similar, at least to me, to the old Board. Hope this helps you to like the new format a little better.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:43 AM

Count me in as an Archive clicker I felt just like you before I read a post that suggested doing this. Now I'm happy with this board again, although it's kind of a pain to do it this way when it was much easier the old way. <sigh> Oh well, at least I can get through this new format.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:22 AM

I love ARCHIVE, too! I think it's even easier to use than the old board, as I can just click on the MAIN and the PICTURES, and done! I feel it's a much more efficient sue of my time. Stick with it...you'll still find great tips and information and inspiration...
Old 12-02-2011, 05:41 AM

OK ladies if you want to see only New Posts like old site...I found this from Patrice on another topic somewhere I stumbled on it...
Click on "What's New"
Click on "Mark forums Read"
Click "What's new"
you'll get error message Vbullentin message no new posts...
Click on "here"..
there's what you are looking for all new posts...

Now why we have to go thru all that to get the old format is beyond me but it is what it is...Hope this helps.

I wrote it down and keep it by my chair...who can remember all those steps
Old 12-02-2011, 05:43 AM

I read it daily by doing just that, I like the archive because it posts in order and so it is easy to know exactly what is current. I tried the new way, but it is not for me. I highly recommend the Archive at the bottom of the page too.

Originally Posted by Donna H-M View Post
Old 12-02-2011, 05:49 AM
Power Poster

I too tend to go to the Archive section. The threads are there in choronological order. Once I've looked at a thread, the colour changes, so I know I've been there done that! If I post, I get the update notices. If I don't post, but want to follow the thread, I subscribe to it, and then also get the update notices.

As to how to get more familiar .... I missed the first week, as I was working out of town, and no computer access. I was lost when I came on. Then I basically "forced" myself to get to it and stick at it. It didn't take all that long til I was finding my way around it with some comfort.

No, I'm not using all the features of the new board yet. Every once in awhile I stumble on something, or read a post that talks about a feature, then I have another trick picked up!

So yes, Patience is a Virtue and Practice Practice Practice, would be the best suggestions!