Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Invalid Security Certificate >

Invalid Security Certificate

Invalid Security Certificate

Old 10-30-2014, 04:25 AM

Default Invalid Security Certificate

For about the last week I have been getting this message when reading the quilt board. I have three options: go back, ignore, continue. No matter what option I choose, I cannot follow any of the links. I have to close out of the board and reopen. It will still happen again in a few minutes.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:40 AM

Sounds like you may have a virus on your computer, not a Quilting Board issue??
Old 10-31-2014, 06:46 AM
Power Poster

Get hold of your tech help for your computer. You may have to take a couple hours out of your day but will be worth it in the end. If it's just on QB let them know. Have you tried rebooting your computer? I would still contact tech help.
Originally Posted by margaret53 View Post
For about the last week I have been getting this message when reading the quilt board. I have three options: go back, ignore, continue. No matter what option I choose, I cannot follow any of the links. I have to close out of the board and reopen. It will still happen again in a few minutes.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:24 AM

I get that message only when I log into AOL. I usually just ignore it and do my thing without problems.
I don't get it anywhere else and I usually use Firefox to surf the web or come here.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:49 PM

One thing you could try that won't cost a tech support bill is to do a system restore on your computer. You pick a date that you did not have this issue and reprogram your computer. If you don't know how to do it, google it. I have done it numerous times when I can't get a problem solved. My computer person tells me it will not hurt your computer. But if you go back too far, you may have to re install any programs you installed after that date. If the problem comes back, it might indicate a virus. Also, check your Manage Add-Ons. Sometimes after you download a free program, it will attach a lot of junk you don't need. I had a video popping up on any webpage and found out I had an add on from a game web page. Hope these tips help.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by margaret53 View Post
Are you using an email to come to the board? If so, I'd try coming to the board directly (use www.quiltingboard.com) and see if you have the same problem. It might be a false positive warning. In any event, I don't believe it's anything to worry about, certainly nothing that a computer tech needs to look at.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:35 AM

Thanks for your replies. I am using a tablet and am accessing through email. I will try going directly and see if that makes a difference.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:21 AM

I would get the same thing on my tablet occasionally but use the 'full site' option when using my tablet - not email. I could proceed with no issues, however. And now I haven't noticed it all for a while. Did not get the message when accessing via desktop or laptop. Use mozilla firefox as a browser.