Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Posting War in Pictures Section? >

Posting War in Pictures Section?

Posting War in Pictures Section?

Old 09-23-2016, 07:07 AM

Question Posting War in Pictures Section?

Is there some sort of "posting war" going on in the Pictures section of the board? On a daily basis I come to the Quilting Board to view new posts of all the beautiful quilts / projects and unread posts are always a different colored link than the read ones - so I view the unread threads. However, as of late, there have been tons (and I mean 20 - 30 in a row) of older threads from at least 2 years back that have been commented on, therefore bumping them back to the top of the section. I am not saying that is a problem because they are all beautiful projects. What I am wondering about is that 99%+ of those older threads are being bumped by only 2 or 3 of the same members as if they are having a "posting war" and, unfortunately, it buries the newer posts of those threads for members who would like feedback on their projects. Anyhow, I was just wondering if there is a "contest" or "posting war" going on and maybe I am unaware of it. Again, I am only curious.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:12 AM

I'm just wondering if it's a "glitch" or something because if you look at the times, they are posted within minutes of each post.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:49 AM

It's not a glitch. It is being done in succession one right after the other, that is why it seems like a "posting war", as if trying to get one's "post" count up or something. They are generally little one liner comments as well.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:55 AM

sorry, I have been going through the older stuff looking for inspiration, and some things are so fantastic I have to comment.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:25 AM
Power Poster

I look at the date of posts but I do enjoy looking at older posts that I might have missed. I do try to comment on new posts as sometimes that have a ton of views but no one bothers to comment so they get buried.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy View Post
sorry, I have been going through the older stuff looking for inspiration, and some things are so fantastic I have to comment.
Oh, like I said, I was only wondering. You are right, they are all beautiful. I go through the old posts myself from time to time looking for inspriation as well. I just wasn't sure what was happening within the board.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:00 AM

Thanks for raising this question.

I browse the "What's New" section and it is really frustrating to find the "old threads" out-numbering the "new threads". These new comments on the "old threads" are essentially people adding another "like" to the thread and not adding new content to the thread. A better way to showcase quilts from older threads, is to create one new thread with links to these gems.

If this continues to be the way people are using the site, then I will be spending my time else where.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:21 AM
Power Poster

There are so many ways to view the QB, if one way becomes disagreeable why not just use an alternative view. I go to my profile when I want to see responses to my posts and threads. other than that it is all good stuff. This is too little a thing for concern. Enjoy it all.
peace

Last edited by ube quilting; 09-23-2016 at 11:25 AM.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
...This is too little a thing for concern. Enjoy it all.
peace
my sentiments exactly.

the question was asked and answered.
nuthin' to see here, folks.
let's move on.