Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Problem...hopefully someone can help. >

Problem...hopefully someone can help.

Problem...hopefully someone can help.

Old 01-02-2017, 11:08 AM

Default Problem...hopefully someone can help.

We moved to N.C. from Fl. a few months ago. Everything has been updated, except I have not been able to receive my daily quilting board since we moved in Aug. I know there had been some problems in the past regarding receiving daily postings. So, I waited & waited for it to be fixed, seems the problems have been fixed, but not mine. I miss them. I have it bookmarked, & can get on that way. But, I totally prefer to have my daily digest! Is there a way to go back in & re-subscribe so that I can get it? It is a new email, but my old email is still working & I don't get it there either. Hopefully, someone can help. Thank you.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:49 PM

I know I probably won't get an answer to the above post. I have read what I can about this problem, including Patrice's post. I don't understand any of it! So, is there a way to just unsubscribe the Quilting Board & then just re-subscribe, so that it will start off with whatever is needed at the start? Seems to me that should take care of the problems, right? I don't get on the computer everyday...the digests were the way I kept up. I would just read each one when I did get on. With the bookmark, I can get on just fine, but I miss out on the time I haven't been on. And I don't have time to search through stuff to get a week's worth caught up on. Maybe someone can help me Unsubscribe & then Resubscribe again???
Old 01-02-2017, 03:49 PM
Power Poster

this link is to the Home forum http://www.quiltingboard.com/forum.php
look to the right and you can sign up for the newsletter again
Old 01-03-2017, 12:30 PM

Thank you. I tried that, even changed my board name slightly. Put in the new email. Just says error. Won't let me subscribe. I didn't check the box to get that mail, junk? Does that matter? I'm just so frustrated; I don't want to unsubscribe from the original, in case I can't get back in. All the threads I subscribe to come to my new email just fine. I did that right, anyway. Any other thoughts? I know I am not the only one that has this problem, so rather than pm you, I thought of keeping it here...might be of benefit to someone else. Your help is very appreciated!
Old 01-05-2017, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
Thank you. I tried that, even changed my board name slightly. Put in the new email. Just says error. Won't let me subscribe. I didn't check the box to get that mail, junk? Does that matter? I'm just so frustrated; I don't want to unsubscribe from the original, in case I can't get back in. All the threads I subscribe to come to my new email just fine. I did that right, anyway. Any other thoughts? I know I am not the only one that has this problem, so rather than pm you, I thought of keeping it here...might be of benefit to someone else. Your help is very appreciated!
When my newsletter disappeared, I had to do the same thing that quiltnNan suggested, but on my IPad the sign up box was down the page a bit, but still on the right side. What type of electronic (tablet, laptop, phone, Apple product, Microsoft, or Linux?) are you using. Maybe we can help?
Old 01-05-2017, 05:09 AM
Administrator

some of this might be stuff you already know, but i'm sort of "thinking out loud" to sift through the possibilities.

registering for the digest emails is completely separate from registering to be a board member.

once you area a registered member you can keep your account forever.
if you change email addresses, just log in, go to settings and update your email address entry.
the system will not accept membership registration if the email address is already listed in that database.
it will also not accept a username already in use.

however, that change will not make any difference to email address on record in the part of the system that sends out the digest emails.

in theory you should be able to use your new email address to create a new registration for the digest emails. as long as that new email address is not already in the digest emails database it should work. the system will not let more than one person use the same username to register for membership, but i don't think it checks for duplicate usernames in the digest registration database.

so, the first thing to remember is that you are already registered as a member.
do not try to repeat that process because if you succeed, none of your existing posts will transfer over to the new membership. you'd be starting from scratch.

if you have already tried signing up again for the digest emails but tried again because you never got one, then odds are pretty good that your registration was successful. you got the error message because your new email address was already in that database.

if the registration was successful but you are not getting the emails then the problem lies with your email service.
you can try adding the qb to your email service contacts and safe sender lists.

Add [email protected], and [email protected] to your address book or list of contacts.

also add @lifestyle.ibemail.com and @quiltingboard.com to your list of safe senders (or the equivalent).

if all of that fails, contact [email protected]

my email service won't let the digest emails through no matter what i try.
they recognize them as junk and block them altogether.
they don't even make it to my spam/junks folders.
i can get with the "info@" person to get them started again but it's never very long before my service starts rejecting them again.
luckily i don't like the digests, have never used the digests, and don't mind not getting the emails.
i prefer to use "What's New" so i don't miss all the things the digest doesn't include.
saves me lots and lots of time.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:27 PM

Thank you Patrice...all was done, but still no digest. Guess I will just have to miss out on them & just see the day I do actually get on. But, I do appreciate your help. VickiM