Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Questions and Complaints About the New Format Are Collected Here >

Questions and Complaints About the New Format Are Collected Here

Questions and Complaints About the New Format Are Collected Here

Old 12-31-2019, 05:30 PM

Well control-plus will enlarge the entire window on my monitor, but I only have a 24 inch monitor... would take about 45 inch monitor to be able to read the text (that is, if the color was readable) but i would need what 60 inch monitor to get the entire width of the window, without scrolling left and right, left and right... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !
Old 12-31-2019, 05:40 PM

I too will weigh in on the new format. I taught Computer Science for many years - programming as well as some web page design and I always stressed knowing your audience. While I am sure the layout will take awhile to get use to (I am not keen on it), we will all get used to it and I am sure we will all like it once we get the hang of it.

However, the actual font, font size and contrast on the screen is awful. This is a perfect example (imho) of web designers having no understanding of their audience. I will guess the average age on this board is on the older side which means the eyesight will be poorer due to a variety of health issues. Yes "control" "+" will zoom the page but even at that the font can be still difficult to read - especially in the quick reply blocks which has a different font that the posts. The "weight" of the font almost make it appear gray not black on an off white background on my screen and the spacing between the letters is way too close for ease of reading. The teal colors while not unsightly are way too light and the resulting contrast with the background is extremely low.

Hopefully they will listen to our concerns. I have never before had issues reading this site until tonight! Zooming to 120% the font in the posts are readable but very low in contrast while I had to zoom 133% in the reply box to even see what I was typing.
Old 12-31-2019, 05:45 PM

Default Daily Digest

Can't find the Daily Digest!
Old 12-31-2019, 06:01 PM
Power Poster

Default Albums?

Please, please, please get our albums back. There are no pictures, This is where I store all my quilt pictures.

peace
Old 12-31-2019, 06:25 PM
Power Poster

For the record, I hate it.... But we all made these same complaints the last time the board what re-formatted, and somehow we all survived. I'll spend much less time here while I'm pouting and digging in my heels at the enforced changes, and then I expect I will return bit by bit, and learn the new way.

There must have been some problems with the old format, for this to have been needed. Don't expect it to change back.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-31-2019 at 07:22 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 12-31-2019, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by eparys View Post
I too will weigh in on the new format. I taught Computer Science for many years - programming as well as some web page design and I always stressed knowing your audience. While I am sure the layout will take awhile to get use to (I am not keen on it), we will all get used to it and I am sure we will all like it once we get the hang of it.

However, the actual font, font size and contrast on the screen is awful. This is a perfect example (imho) of web designers having no understanding of their audience. I will guess the average age on this board is on the older side which means the eyesight will be poorer due to a variety of health issues. Yes "control" "+" will zoom the page but even at that the font can be still difficult to read - especially in the quick reply blocks which has a different font that the posts. The "weight" of the font almost make it appear gray not black on an off white background on my screen and the spacing between the letters is way too close for ease of reading. The teal colors while not unsightly are way too light and the resulting contrast with the background is extremely low.

Hopefully they will listen to our concerns. I have never before had issues reading this site until tonight! Zooming to 120% the font in the posts are readable but very low in contrast while I had to zoom 133% in the reply box to even see what I was typing.
thank your for that excellent description of the problem. I am going to quote you ver batim on the fix list. i've been trying to explain it to them but yours is much better than my input on the subject.
Old 12-31-2019, 06:47 PM
Power Poster

Default reply

My first wish list:
better font and color for older eyes
I want my started threads list back
bigger pictures without having to click on each one
find my album pictures

there will be more I am sure
Old 12-31-2019, 07:17 PM

I haven't been here in a while and was surprised at this new format. For me, it doesn't work. Hard on my eyes. Wonder why the change.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
Please, please, please get our albums back. There are no pictures, This is where I store all my quilt pictures.

peace
I know this isn't funny and I'm not trying to be a smart alec, but, it is kind of funny. After you mentioned the albums, I went to mine thinking they were all there. Every picture on the album covers is there. But, all the rest in the albums are blank. I really am sorry, it did make me laugh. I have all my photos backed up on Photobucket and an external hard drive. For the most part. I did enjoy having them here. And, they may return, but, if they don't, I won't loose sleep trying to reload them. I am transferring some of my stuff to Facebook and I also have albums on Flickr. So, I'm sure if I can't find it, then I will just have to do without. I really am not poking fun. It's just sometimes, you just have to roll with the punches.

Old 12-31-2019, 07:42 PM

I'm receiving my daily email, but when I click on anything I get PAGE NOT FOUND!
What is going on? I logged in but that didn't help at all.