Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Questions and Complaints About the New Format Are Collected Here >

Questions and Complaints About the New Format Are Collected Here

Questions and Complaints About the New Format Are Collected Here

Old 01-02-2020, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x View Post
Patrice, I absolutely love your right-to-the point comments. No need to sugar coat anything. I'm sorry that even you didn't know about the changes. I read every comment here before commenting myself. You've done a tremendous amount of work combining things and trying to answer repeated questions. Thank you for that.
I can't imagine being as patient as you are… as I prefer seeing the half-full glass instead of the half-empy glass, I appreciate that I will have to be patient and wait for the end result of this work-in-progress and it will give me less time on the internet but more time to work on my own projects… what happened to all our UFOs ??? I know I have some lolll

Old 01-02-2020, 09:05 AM

Default new plug-ins?

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
Here's what's going on:

"The forums have been moved to a different VB version. Some of the features such as chat and blogs and a few others I might not be thinking of require a compatible plugin to work as it did prior.

Our tech team is working on regaining as much of the previous functionality as possible, however, due to limited resources, it will be an ongoing process over the next few months."
Does this mean I have to upgrade or add something that may cause problems?

I am not young, and since I no longer use my computer for my business (retired) I do not want to change my operating system and lose some functionality for old files.
I realize technology moves on but it should not just write off groups of people, or make them spend money they may not have...I am Mac based so I understand I may face challenges others do not, with a PC.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
does it stay bold if you refresh the "New Posts" page?

Patrice, I tried a few tests and this is what I'm finding. If I click on New Posts (which is what I usually do when I'm on the board), none of the threads I previously opened and read are unbolded (showing as "read"). If I go directly to a specific forum, some of the previous read threads are unbolded but many are not. I've read everything I can find on here and gone to the User CP to see if I can change something to resolve this problem and not add to your long list of issues, but can't find anything.

Hang in there. It can only get better from here. :-)
Old 01-02-2020, 09:14 AM

How do I post a new thread to ask other members a question?
Old 01-02-2020, 10:05 AM

Is this the new format? Thought I had stumbled on another part of the site.I don't like change...pretty set in my ways!
Old 01-02-2020, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
How do I post a new thread to ask other members a question?
the same way you did before.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:49 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by IrishNY View Post
Patrice, I tried a few tests and this is what I'm finding. If I click on New Posts (which is what I usually do when I'm on the board), none of the threads I previously opened and read are unbolded (showing as "read"). If I go directly to a specific forum, some of the previous read threads are unbolded but many are not. I've read everything I can find on here and gone to the User CP to see if I can change something to resolve this problem and not add to your long list of issues, but can't find anything.

Hang in there. It can only get better from here. :-)
you really need to look at everything that's been posted. this is being discussed here:

read vs unread threads
'
Old 01-02-2020, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by LindaMRB View Post
Does this mean I have to upgrade or add something that may cause problems?
you will not need to change anything about your equipment or software.

Old 01-02-2020, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by eparys View Post
Most of the posters here on the board take that "happy snap" of their most recent project with their smart phone or camera and post that raw unprocessed picture regardless of the size.

For those of us not living it technology loaded areas - please do not change this. I am sure that I am not the only one who has had problems like this. If you go back to the previous way - please - limit the size of uploaded images.
I understand your frustration, however the board software has always limited the size of uploaded images. Pictures must be smaller than 1 mb. If they're larger than that, the picture simply won't post.
Old 01-02-2020, 12:32 PM

I guess this new format is using a more secure site or something because it keeps booting me out and I have to sign in when I navigate around. Also, everything is piled up on the left with lots of open space on the right. I liked it better with a wider view. I can't quite decide if it's the font, the colour scheme, or what but this is much harder to read.

Please know, I am okay with change if it makes things better. Waiting for the improvements to show up. What kinds of things can we expect that are better with this new format?