Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Questions and Complaints About the New Format Are Collected Here >

Questions and Complaints About the New Format Are Collected Here

Questions and Complaints About the New Format Are Collected Here

Old 01-02-2020, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
I, too, miss the change in color. I have found, though, that unread threads are bold aqua and turn 'unbold' when read.
This was mentioned in another thread to which I had replied. That thread was closed so could not reply there.

When I use the 'new posts' feature and read a thread, the thread title does not change from bold to unbold for me. In the other thread I mentioned above, Patrice stated this is a setting in my browser, not a QB issue. I have not changed browsers or computers. I am using my desktop Windows computer via Firefox. I have not updated Firefox (in a long time or) since the QB update so I don't think that is the issue. If it is, and someone could point me in a direction to make that happen it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-02-2020, 04:28 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by NJ Quilter View Post
When I use the 'new posts' feature and read a thread, the thread title does not change from bold to unbold for me.
does it stay bold if you refresh the "New Posts" page?
Old 01-02-2020, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
does it stay bold if you refresh the "New Posts" page?
I just went back to page 1 of 'new posts' and now at least some of the ones I have read are no longer bold. There may be others that I've read that have changed or not - honestly not sure at this point. Hopefully the change in font will continue to work! Fingers crossed.

Just as an FYI - I did not 'refresh' the site per se but I guess when going back to page 1 from somewhere further down in the listings it refreshed the listings and the change finally appears.
Old 01-02-2020, 05:13 AM

Good morning,

Just an FYI from this morning post: I am using Windows 10, Firefox (same as before the upgrade).

There are two tabs for "new posts". One is right under the QB logo. White letters on a black line. The other "new posts" is green on the gold background line.

I replied on a thread about the Solaris/Luminaire at 7:46 am 1-2-2020.

My post doesn't show on either of the "new posts".

It does show up with a search on the boards.

Brother Luminaire or Baby Lock Solaris, any other owners here?

Perhaps all the different topics aren't included in the "new posts" yet?
Old 01-02-2020, 05:33 AM

Ok, I'm not a fan of the new boards, previously my screen was 110% just so I could read and now I'm going to have to scroll it up higher. Like many It hurts my eyes and isn't so friendly for our quilt pictures. It's nice we can click the thumbnails to where I can actually see them. I always struggle with change anyway, my eye doctor reminds me that sometimes change isn't good or bad it's just different, but I say I'm old and resistant to change. But this is a pretty standard format for message boards and I like the quote feature and I'll get used to the other options.

I've been on the internet for a long time and I've found that once changed, changes stay and we either get used to them or we go. The most valuable resource of this site is its members and our interactions and we can still interact, I appreciate having the space provided for the interactions. And I really appreciate the interactions, so let's hang together and make the best/most of the site.

Has anyone found a way to change the default font? I think that would help a lot of the complaints about hard to read, a thicker typeface in addition to larger size, I know the thin font makes it hard for me.
Old 01-02-2020, 05:36 AM
Administrator

Rhonda, your own new posts won't show up right away on the "New Post" lists.
that list is customized for you.
the system assumes you already know about it.

you will see it again if somebody adds a comment.

or you can find it by going to the associated list link in your profile.
Old 01-02-2020, 05:49 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
Has anyone found a way to change the default font? I think that would help a lot of the complaints about hard to read, a thicker typeface in addition to larger size, I know the thin font makes it hard for me.
I have been able to change a few things by fiddling with my browser (Firefox) settings.
I have been able to use that for super-significant changes, having set it to not let the pages determine font settings. (for example, i tried requiring Calibri, size 20.)

I had to close and then re-open the page for the changes to take effect.

I had slightly better luck in Chrome.

I don't remember being able to set a default display fault anywhere in my personal settings under the old format.
I will be sending a long list to the techs. Fonts and colors are at the top.

Last edited by patricej; 01-02-2020 at 05:55 AM.
Old 01-02-2020, 06:16 AM

Several of you have voiced concerns about the thumbnails. I for one embrace that change. Here is why .... while we have a DSL line to the house - it is still almost as slow as dial up. Most of the posters here on the board take that "happy snap" of their most recent project with their smart phone or camera and post that raw unprocessed picture regardless of the size. There have been times in the past that I have completely skipped reading a post because someone has posted 5 huge images that I could not load. The thumbnails are now allowing me to completely load any page - then if I want to look at the images more closely I can do so.

I can understand the desire to see the images as a "set" because sometimes there are common themes between them. Perhaps, they could split the difference - enlarge the thumbnails but still limit the initial size still giving the viewer the ability to click on the image to see the uploaded image?

For those of us not living it technology loaded areas - please do not change this. I am sure that I am not the only one who has had problems like this. If you go back to the previous way - please - limit the size of uploaded images.
Old 01-02-2020, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda K View Post
There are two tabs for "new posts". One is right under the QB logo. White letters on a black line. The other "new posts" is green on the gold background line....

My post doesn't show on either of the "new posts".

It does show up with a search on the boards. ...

Perhaps all the different topics aren't included in the "new posts" yet?
Thank you. I posted and when I went to "New Posts" It said that there were not any New Posts since I had last been there and gave me an option to see "Today's Posts" so I figured there were two links. When I read where the (hard to read bar - teal on beige) I see it. It just got renamed to "New Posts" I know in then past when I clicked on "What's New" the page after posting, it was right there.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

ETA = I just read PatriceJ's response about it figuring you already knew about your own post.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 01-02-2020 at 06:26 AM.
Old 01-02-2020, 07:06 AM
Administrator

thanks very much, eparys, for sharing that.

the QB is not just for the techno-privileged.

i'm glad you reminded us of that and spoke up for those who don't have it all.