Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Rearranging entries in my "blog" >

Rearranging entries in my "blog"

Rearranging entries in my "blog"

Old 12-06-2011, 01:30 PM

Default Rearranging entries in my "blog"

To the powers that be: Is there a way to arrange the topics/threads I have placed in my blog (formerly in "My Pages")? Some entries I access more often than others and I would like to have them listed on the first couple of pages instead of at the end. (I really don't need to rearrange the side bar!) Thanks for your help.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Administrator

you should consider creating "Custom Pages" to accompany the regular blog content (entries & comments).
we can each create as many as 10 Custom Pages. you can set them to be listed in the sidebar, or above the blog. if you want them to be visible only to you, just set the display location to "none".

look at my experimental blog to see what i mean: http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/patricej-30.html

to create and maintain Custom Pages, go to your blog settings ad follow the links.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:43 PM

YUP! I played with it and got it to work. (I'm not the "powers" though!)

You'll see that you're blog entries are now catagorized "uncategorized" now.

Click on "blog settings"

Click on "manage catagories" - and make up "file folders" for different catagories you'd like to keep separate, click "save" for each one.

Then, go back to each old blog entry and slide your mouse just to the right of the blog entry title. A little "edit" pencil will pop up. Left click on that.

On the next screen, click "go advanced", and on the next screen, you'll get the several options. One is "BLOG CATAGORIES", and that gives you the option to move it to one of your newly made "folders".

Hope this helps.....good idea for getting organized, thanks for making me find the way, I LOVE the new board!
Old 12-06-2011, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
you should consider creating "Custom Pages" to accompany the regular blog content (entries & comments).
we can each create as many as 10 Custom Pages. you can set them to be listed in the sidebar, or above the blog. if you want them to be visible only to you, just set the display location to "none".

look at my experimental blog to see what i mean: http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/patricej-30.html

to create and maintain Custom Pages, go to your blog settings ad follow the links.
And then there's Patrice's excellent suggestion also

Old 12-07-2011, 12:09 PM

Patrice and Ellen, thank you very much for the how-to! I have now created five "Blog Categories" with their own little folders on the side bar. It'll make it much easier for me to find what I'm looking for. However, I still would like to have a way to actually delete the threads I no longer want in my pages. And still wish there were a way to rearrange my entries. I surely do hate clutter! But, overall, I do like the new site.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:15 PM

You're welcome. I thought delete was one of the options in the advanced section, did you maybe overlook it?

I just went and peeked in at your blog...nice job!

Last edited by mzzzquilts; 12-07-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:18 AM

Thanks, Ellen. Yes, one can "delete" a blog entry but it's not removed from the site. I have about half dozen entries that appear with the notation that it's been "deleted." I guess what I'm asking is that they be REMOVED not just deleted. Oh, well, I'll just have to live with the clutter.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post

Thanks for showing us these examples. My pics are small enough to be loaded on here, but are much bigger than they need to be
Old 12-08-2011, 10:58 PM

Smile

thank you for the help , i am going to try it------->>>>> still learning my way around here
Old 12-26-2011, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Evie View Post
Thanks, Ellen. Yes, one can "delete" a blog entry but it's not removed from the site. I have about half dozen entries that appear with the notation that it's been "deleted." I guess what I'm asking is that they be REMOVED not just deleted. Oh, well, I'll just have to live with the clutter.
I am working to try and get my blog page in some sort of order and have the same problem. I had one blog posted three times and have spent lots of time trying to delete....get rid of.....erase....purge....LOL only to have the same problem.....although it says deleted it is STILL there. Now after reading about the Catagories I'm wondering if I could have a Catagory called "garbage" or mayb just "deleted blogs" and at least move them there. Do you think that would work?

Guess I'll just have to try it, huh?