Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Site unsafe?? >

Site unsafe??

Site unsafe??

Old 12-14-2013, 09:04 AM

Default Site unsafe??

While I was looking at some pictures on this site, a message came on the computer saying "this site is not safe and has been reported to Microsoft" ... something about gathering information from my computer while I'm browsing people's posts ... Anyone else have this happen??
Old 12-14-2013, 09:08 AM
Power Poster

Haven't gotten anything, yet!
Old 12-14-2013, 09:08 AM

I used to have that problem and I notified the powers that be here about the problem. I never heard back from them but the problem stopped. It never told me what the problem was just that it was a dangerous page and if I stayed on it it could harm my computer.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:22 AM

For the last few days I have had a new page that pops up saying that this site in unsafe and to report it to Microsoft or to return to my brownser page. I sure don't click on anything then. I just close and open QB again.. and it does that only when I come here... wonder why!
Old 12-14-2013, 09:27 AM

Never had that happen here either. Did have (not on this site) a message come up that looked just like Microsoft window warning me that a virus was attacking my computer - almost clicked on the "must do" button, instead shut down my computer. After thinking about it, wondered why the warning wasn't from my anti-virus software. Turned it back on and did a check using the anti-virus software and found nothing wrong. Now know 3 people who fell for it and once they clicked on the "must do" button, their computer WAS attacked and it costs them some big bucks to fix it. So who knows if what you have seen is real or not?
Old 12-14-2013, 09:29 AM

I`ve had the same problem in past couple days....I get a warning then the site closes....
Originally Posted by michelled View Post
While I was looking at some pictures on this site, a message came on the computer saying "this site is not safe and has been reported to Microsoft" ... something about gathering information from my computer while I'm browsing people's posts ... Anyone else have this happen??
Old 12-14-2013, 09:37 AM

For the past few days I get a message (only when I am on here) saying that my Java needs updating. Silly me clicked on it the first time I saw it, and I got a whole bunch of spyware stuff on my laptop. I purchased SpyHunter and it cleaned up all the nasty stuff.

I know that I have the most up to date Java, but I keep getting that annoying message. Only on quiltingboard. I wonder if some nastiness has hi-jacked the board? Should we be reporting this officially somewhere?
Old 12-14-2013, 12:22 PM
Administrator

i will send a link to this post to tech support.

there is nothing wrong with the site.

those might be deliberately misleading advertisements.
our marketing department and tech support work together to do everything they can to block stuff like that.
unfortunately, people who are sleazy enough to create those ads are also sleazy enough to work around-their-clocks to find ways around the defenses all decent sites put up to keep them out.

they might also be the results of your having unwittingly clicked on something from somewhere else.
hard to say without a visual.

if you get something odd, please take a screen shot and post it here in this thread.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
i will send a link to this post to tech support.

there is nothing wrong with the site.

those might be deliberately misleading advertisements.
our marketing department and tech support work together to do everything they can to block stuff like that.
unfortunately, people who are sleazy enough to create those ads are also sleazy enough to work around-their-clocks to find ways around the defenses all decent sites put up to keep them out.

they might also be the results of your having unwittingly clicked on something from somewhere else.
hard to say without a visual.

if you get something odd, please take a screen shot and post it here in this thread.
Thanks so much!
Old 12-14-2013, 02:29 PM

Thank you!!