Small pictures >

Small pictures

Small pictures

Old 05-27-2012, 04:27 AM

I do not like the small pictures.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:31 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
The size depends on where the photos are hosted (located).

The thumbnail size pictures are those that are added as attachments from the poster's own PC. The regular size pictures are those that are embedded by the poster. They are hosted by an online photo host such as PhotoBucket.
I am puzzled - I used the SAME scanner with the SAME settings for the scans I attached the same way to my ad and and for the scans I attached to another thread. So far, the scans in my ad are still 'regular-sized' - the scans in that other thread have been thumb-nailed.

So that explanation doesn't make sense for the attachments I made.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:03 AM

All you have to do is click on them and they become large again! Tks. G
Old 05-27-2012, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
I am puzzled - I used the SAME scanner with the SAME settings for the scans I attached the same way to my ad and and for the scans I attached to another thread. So far, the scans in my ad are still 'regular-sized' - the scans in that other thread have been thumb-nailed.

So that explanation doesn't make sense for the attachments I made.
It's not happening in all the sections. None of the For Sale/ISO/Offers/Requests sections are affected (yet?) possibly because it would lower the chances of a sale. The Pictures section is not affected. I didn't check all the other sections to see what's happening with them.

When we first went to the new software, all embedded photos were full size and all attached photos were thumbnails. At that time they were debating not allowing embedded photos at all, forcing them all to be thumbnails. They changed their minds...perhaps they've changed them back. Who knows. If a lot of people are complaining about slow download times, that would be a reason they might go with thumbnails. If it's a concern, why not ask Patrice and get a definitive answer?

Last edited by ghostrider; 05-27-2012 at 05:26 AM.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:24 AM

I spend too much time on the board and clicking on photo just increases time length. I also tried to upload a photo and never did find the "tree" icon, even looking into the advanced section. Please revert to the normal sized photos.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:36 AM
Power Poster

I have asked her - she's asked the techs -

I do prefer to just 'see' an image without having to click on it -

but if necessary - I will adapt.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:38 AM

I don't like the thumbnails - it's hard to see the pictures, and yes, I realize that you can click on each picture, go back, click on the next one, go back, click on the third one, go back again. I miss the way that you could easily see each picture w/out all of that.

Yes - Admin would be helpful to help clear this up.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:01 AM

I too thought it was me! I much prefer the larger photos. It is a PITA. I have found I am much more likely to skip over some things because the photo is too small. Granted it is just a few clicks but .... sometimes I have made the choice not to enlarge and missed some great photos because the small thumbnail did not look like anything that needed to be examined more closely.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:24 AM
Power Poster

The change has also affected the old posts. Some of the pictures that were big when posted are now small. Others have kept their original (big) size. I much prefer the big pictures, and I hate it when old posts change.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:41 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pam S View Post
I thought I was the only one who has never found the tree or the paper clip. I've also used the "manage attachments" successfully. I thought maybe I don't see the icons because I use a Mac rather that a PC? Or is there another reason?
If you do not see the tree/picture frame icon above the typing box, go to settings, general settings, scroll way down and choose WYSIWYG. be sure to save your settings.