Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Thank You, Fellow Members >

Thank You, Fellow Members

Thank You, Fellow Members

Old 01-02-2020, 03:28 AM
Administrator

Thumbs up Thank You, Fellow Members

It might not always sound that way, but I do appreciate the way in which most members are dealing with the changes around here.

Despite some ... shall we say ... discourtesy in some comments and threads there have been many very positive, encouraging and helpful comments, threads, PMs and emails.

Those are immensely helpful to all members in general, and to the Moderators and me.

Sincere thanks and appreciation.
Old 01-02-2020, 04:57 AM

Thank You, Patrice. What a huge task this has turned out to be for you ... right in the middle of the Holiday Season !

Your work is much appreciated. Have a safe and happy New Year.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-02-2020 at 12:56 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 01-02-2020, 06:54 AM

Thank you for being patient with all the comments that have been tossed your way. Changes are difficult for everyone. Right now I am finding there are many changes I like. The few I am not crazy about I have already addressed and here is not the place. You are doing a great job getting everyone through the changes and you should be proud of you and other moderators and managers. Just keep up the good work.
Old 01-02-2020, 07:04 AM

I'm a person who never likes change but when it comes & I have a chance to give some input before it's set in place, I try to tell what I would personally like to have. Sometimes it works out that I get a few of my desires & sometimes I get none at all. After it's all said & done I just go with the flow.
Thank you for your patience with everyone here & with all you are having to go through (good & bad). This too shall pass. {{{Hugs}}} to you!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-02-2020 at 12:56 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 01-02-2020, 07:15 AM

Thank you to all the mods and admins. I do a little moderating on another forum and it can be a tough, thankless (unpaid) job.

I don't have any trouble with the new format, it now remembers my log in.
Old 01-02-2020, 08:16 AM

I'm finding the new format to be as user friendly as the old. It took a bit of poking around to figure a few things out but it's good for the brain to learn new ways. Upgrading is never fun or seamless, but is necessary. Imagine the complaining if QB went away for good because the platform became obsolete. Thanks for making sure that doesn't happen, knowing that it would lead to complaints - some valid, some petty. Please don't interpret the many concerns as a lack of appreciation for your efforts, even if it can feel that way. Kudos to y'all for your work and commitment on behalf of our QB community!
Old 01-02-2020, 10:21 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by IrishNY View Post
I'm finding the new format to be as user friendly as the old. It took a bit of poking around to figure a few things out but it's good for the brain to learn new ways. Upgrading is never fun or seamless, but is necessary. Imagine the complaining if QB went away for good because the platform became obsolete. Thanks for making sure that doesn't happen, knowing that it would lead to complaints - some valid, some petty. Please don't interpret the many concerns as a lack of appreciation for your efforts, even if it can feel that way. Kudos to y'all for your work and commitment on behalf of our QB community!
I agree completely. Thank you for your time, effort, patience. Every change brings natural resistance. It allows me to get out of my confort zone and to keep learning new things. I'll keep sewing in the meantime.
Old 01-03-2020, 03:19 AM
Administrator

I have to say ... compared to the reaction when we were first moved to vBulletin (2011) this has been much more civilized.
there have been far fewer poisonous, pointless comments than there were that time.
if i "filter out" the anger, the majority of comments have been informative.
some have been downright helpful.

and I have been blown away by the fact that so many have been supportive and encouraging.

considering how drastic the changes are, poorly timed, unannounced, etc, i think it's fair to say that at least 99% of us are dealing with it all like grownups.
I'm quite proud of us.
Old 01-03-2020, 03:59 AM

I’m sure this has been a difficult task to handle, let alone the unnecessary comments, complaints and grumbles that you have endured. Thank you PatriceJ for your resilience in handling the updates and changes to the Newslette/Digest. We appreciate your dedication and thoughtful post.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:29 AM

I'm so glad you posted this Patrice! I was thinking that things are starting to seem more like home and thank you for all your efforts.