Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Is There a Troll On the Site?

Is There a Troll On the Site?

HI,

I was just in the Recipes section and I keep seeing ads for a sleazy Asian dating site in the middle of the threads. I don't think this is at my end. Is there a troll attacking the site? You may want to check it out.

~C

I keep getting the same disgusting ad. Have "reported" and blocked it several times through Google ads, but it hasn't helped. They will tell you it is based on your search history, but I know that can't be the case this time!

It certainly isn't my search history! I'm on my own private computer, so I know that no one else has been looking up that kind of stuff. Besides, I always use PRIVATE mode. Even on the QB.

~ C

I've also run a website in the past and I know that Google Ad Words allows the webmaster to pick and choose what kinds of ads show up on their site. Someone in charge should check it out.

~ C

Blog Entries
    i have reported it.
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

for Newsletter or Digest issues, please contact [email protected]

To contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community, you may email [email protected]

Administrator
    We have received reports of this type of advertising on another forum as well. When you encounter this type of ad, please provide a screenshot and link to the forum thread you encountered the ad.