Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
trouble connecting with quilting board >

trouble connecting with quilting board

trouble connecting with quilting board

Old 05-31-2012, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by liking quilting View Post
I saved the website under favorites (there's an option to have it on the bar) then just click the icon for quilting board and waa laa, you're there
Yep, I have mine saved on the bar, too. I used to get to it from the email but it started acting weird, so Patrice told me to do it differently. Nowadays I receive the digest so infrequently, it's a good thing I'm not waiting for it so I can log on. I just think the board is acting weird.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
The reality is, your computing experience is your responsibility. With over 70 thousand members there are hundreds of ISP, browser, and OS combinations. Then you add in trying to access the group thru a link in email and all the variables that throws in and you can imagine the headache on admin's part.
Maybe this is true. I updated to IE9 & now I have to type in the address. It's a pain.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by margee View Post
Maybe this is true. I updated to IE9 & now I have to type in the address. It's a pain.
I have IE9 I don't have to type in anything - not even my password for QB.
It depends on your settings in internet options.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:46 AM
Power Poster

Just how long does it take to type

www.quiltingboard.com

??

Seems like it would be faster than trying to connect through the newsletter/bulletin - Besides, the newsletter is only an overview - seems like it would be more fun to go 'exploring' on one's own.

And if one is a slow typer - if one does it often enough, usually one gets better/faster at it.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:12 AM
Administrator

I cannot stress this strongly enough ... THE EMAILS ARE NOT THE BOARD.

I repeat: THE EMAILS ARE NOT THE BOARD.

The problems some email recipients are having with links that don't work are ... [drum roll, please] NOT CAUSED BY THE BOARD.

They are the result of interference with those links by the email services in question. You asked to receive the emails, but some services flag them as junk anyway and disable the links.

If you already know you want to come the the board, the emails are a waste of your time anyway.

Don't confuse the Message Board/Quilting Board/Forum with the Digests. The board is here all the time, 24/7/365. All you have to do is come here ( http://www.quiltingboard.com ), log in, and fish around. In fact, you can select an option that will log you in automatically as soon as you get here. Couldn't be easier.

It's extremely important that everyone understand that the digests only point toward a teeeeeeeeeeny tiny smattering of the topics posted here. If a member relies only on the digests to get here, or as their only method of keeping up with the neighborhood, she will miss most of what's going on. "Reading the digest" barely scratches the surface of everything available here.

The Digests are the least efficient way of keeping current. If you routinely come straight to the board and surf around on your own to check the latest happenings, you'll never need the digests.

The board is open 24/7/365. Join me, brothers and sisters! Declare your independence from the digests! Come to the board whenever you want! Go wherever you want! Read and contribute at any time of the day or night!

Revel in the freedom! (Picture a smiley, standing on a mountain top, hair blowing in the breeze, flags flapping all around, blazing sunset behind, birds singing, crowds below roaring with joy and laughter, dancing in the streets.)

That said, if you still want to receive the emailed Digests, the steps to follow, in order, are:

1. Thoroughly check all of your email program settings to ensure that emails from @quiltingboard.com are not blocked. It might also be necessary to specify it on a safe list.
2. Repeat those steps for the domain quiltedparadise.com
3. Once more through the settings to ensure that all email from @lifestyle.ibemail.com are let through.
4. Look in spam/junk folders to see if old digests are lurking there.
5. If necessary, contact the tech support folks from your email provider to get help going through all the steps.
6. Add the following email addresses to your contacts/address book:

[email protected]
[email protected]

7. If you use a supplemental email software (such as Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.) to retrieve and send your email, repeat all of those steps within the settings for that software.

While you're at it, please add my eddress, too.
[email protected]

Far too often I have sent a response to an email only to have it bounce back because:
a. The person has set their email to accept mail only from a specific list of senders - and they didn't bother to put me on that list.
b. The person did not provide an accurate email address to which I can send the response.
c. The person's email box is too full to accept new messages.