Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Ubuntu Linux

Ubuntu Linux

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but -- Can you use the Ubuntu operating system (linux) when posting or uploading photos? I tried posting a picture & message but the picture (a .jpg) will not upload. I don't want to go back to go back to Windows at all! If you have info or can forward this to the appropriate individual I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.
    A man only has the right to look down at another when he helps him to lift himself up. - Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Linda

lu_
    Hi there

I'm new to this forum and haven't posted any photos here, but I have uploaded and posted photos to other forums.

I use Linux Mint which is based on Ubuntu. Uploading photos works just the same for me in Mint as it used to in Windows - hit 'insert image' then navigate througn the folder system, find it, highlight, hit 'upload'.

Are there any file size limitations here that are stopping it from working? << Check that first.
    Do you have security settings in Ubuntu maybe, that could be blocking your upload?
    Or settings in your web browser or add ons that are blocking the pop up navigation box?

I'm sorry that I'm not much help, but at least you know it will work with Linux OS's
    Last edited by lu_; 07-04-2018 at 02:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    file size limit is 1.9MB

i try to keep mine under 1MB as a courtesy to those using older computers.
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

for Newsletter or Digest issues, please contact [email protected]

To contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community, you may email [email protected]