Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
using the archives and ads >

using the archives and ads

using the archives and ads

Old 03-26-2012, 08:07 AM

Unhappy using the archives and ads

It took me a while but I've noticed that when you want to leave part of the archives (like 'chit-chat') to go back the main list you have to clike multiple times. Why? ----because that block on the right of the topic list is changing with each click to a new advertisement. Has anyone noticed this?

Seems like the advertisers caught on to us recording everything and ignoring ads on the internet(me anyway) and they are forcing us to see the ads.
On TV if you're like me and record most things you'll find they throw in snippetts of the show during the commercials so when you fast forward you'll stop when you see the snippett and think you're back to the show.

Oh well, I guess we have to put up with all this so we still get internet content and TV shows for free. I wouldn't say my cable bill is exactly Free though.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:19 AM
Administrator

the providers of the advertisements that funneled through the spaces have no control over our board.
the folks at the company who manage the space would also not do something like that to us.

the need for multiple "back-clicks" has existed since the Archives were made available.
i have just gotten into the habit of:

1. either click the back arrow once to get back to the Archive links list or starting over using the Archive link at the bottom of the page. (i only need to do this if i've read past the first page of a thread.)
2. click on the Quilting Board link at the top of the page to go back to the master Archive index.

if you do that often enough, you will do it without thinking and save yourself lots of time and clicks.