Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Where Is....   questions >

Where Is.... questions

Where Is.... questions

Old 11-05-2011, 07:46 AM

Thumbs up found it!

I obviously have some settings different than other people. I don't have any smilies just above the quick reply box. Nor do I have the font colour selection boxes. I use Mozilla Firefox and wonder if that could be the problem? Or maybe because I have pop-ups blocked? I see those options when I use my Yahoo account though so probably just something here with this forum that I've done?

Last edited by thimblebug6000; 11-05-2011 at 07:48 AM. Reason: adding smilie
Old 11-05-2011, 07:47 AM

Thumbs up advanced

aha... the smilies are at the bottom here on the regular reply for me.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:28 AM

Red face

thank you - I must have tried every button except the advanced!!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 09:37 AM

i think i can do this for you.

at the very top of this page, on the right side, in the black bar, it says settings. click on that.
on the new page, on the left side column, under the heading accounts, click on general settings.
on the new page, in the center, scroll down to where it says thread something or other and choose the default you want.
you want Linear Oldest First.

p.s. what's cookin'?

edit: just checked and it works that way.

Last edited by butterflywing; 11-05-2011 at 09:40 AM. Reason: checked to make sure
Old 11-05-2011, 09:58 AM

Default questions for the powers that be....

On the old format you could find your previous postings and replies. Now I cannot find it at all....is it still there, if so where and if not is there a substitute?......also how do you bookmark threads....
Old 11-05-2011, 10:20 AM

Smile Definitions????

Hi "Powers-That-Be" (tee-hee) This is just a general question regarding "posting-codes" down at the bottom, i don't know what some of the codes mean...for example it says BB code is on..?? what's that?? and what is[IMG] and says HTML code is off, don't mean for you to have to give me computer lessons, but, hopefully these are easy answers. Thanks a lot ~deb~ (new here) oops also what are Pingbacks-Refbacks and Trackbacks????

Last edited by overtheroadquilter; 11-05-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:26 AM
Power Poster

I've been going to "My Profile" up on the very top of the page and clicking on "Find recent posts".

However, the better way to do it is to click on "Quick Links", which is in the blue header under the Quilting Board logo and go to subscribed threads. I think it was in "Settings" that I checked the box that says to automatically subscribe me to any threads to which I post a reply.

Edit: Ok, I just checked my own info out.

I think anytime you post to a thread, it automatically goes to your "subscribed threads"; however, not absolutely sure about that. Mine do. Anyway, click on "Quick Links" in the blue header to get to subscribed threads.

For the "Settings", it's whether you want to be emailed or not when someone posts to one of your subscribed threads. You click on Settings, then on "My Account", then on "General". I set mine to "control panel only" because I do not want to get emails.

I'm sure there's more to figure out; this is just as far as I have gotten......

Additional Edit: One good thing about going to "Quick Links" and "subscribed threads" is that on each one of those topics you can click on the blue circle to go immediately to the first unread post in the thread. That's a great time-saver!

Last edited by Prism99; 11-05-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:41 AM

If you click on Setting (top right of the page)
On the left you will see a number of items, scroll down until you get to General settings
In general settings, scroll down until the options on the right show the title Miscellaneous Options.
Under the "Message Editor Interface" select the type of editing you want. Some browsers can't handle the Enhanced interface, but that is the one I use and I get the option to change fonts and add smilees.

Standard Editor might do that as well -- you will have to play around with it.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Power Poster

You have to subscribe to threads, you aren't automatically subscribed. Unless it has changed...
Old 11-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Power Poster

I am automatically subscribed to threads to which I post. It may have been some setting I ran across while trying to figure things out here.

Edit: Try going to "Settings", "My Account", "General". That's where I selected "control panel only" for subscribed threads. There may be another setting in there somewhere for automatically subscribing to threads to which you post; otherwise, maybe just making a selection like I did automatically does it.......