Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1403

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Blog Entries
    They look spooktacular!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I'm going to post my last 2 finishes and then I'll get to look at everyone else's pretty finishes!

Patriotic 9 Patch was started as a QOV project but ended up just shy of their minimum size. I'm really loving this one so might end up keeping it for a summertime throw.

Bright Hopes is from the book "Quilts from the Heart" by Karin Renaud and will be donated to Project Linus.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fraew- I love both of your finishes! I am wanting to do some Halloween sewing in the worst way... those panels are adorable and I love the orange fabrics you chose to frame your scrappy squares.

Carriem- What a perfect boy quilt... great fabrics!

JM- I love your crisp blue & white Irish Chain - would love to make one someday.

Missqigglewings- Great finish for your sampler blocks!

Narniaquilter-You have been VERY busy! Great job on everything.
    Last edited by asimplelife; 10-27-2013 at 01:13 PM.

My last UFO Finish for October is Thimbleberries Jacob's Ladder. I love this pattern and love Thimbleberries so am thrilled to have this one done and can't wait to get it up on my family room wall! It's from the book "More Nickel Quilts" by Pat Speth and measures 60" square.

asimplelife--that's a fun pattern! Great job!!

I love Jacob's Ladder too, it's so much easier than it looks. Yours is wonderful in those fabrics! Love it!!!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Blog Entries
    Love the colors in your son's quilt Cariem.
    Asimplelife, nice finishes again. That jacob's ladder is so warm. Great QOV also.
    Fraiw, that is adorable for Halloween. Nice work and finish for October.
    No finishes for me. I have not had time.
    Agreed, if we were going to kick anyone out for not finishing a UFO, uh, why else are we even here.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Yay! More beautiful finishes asimplelife.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Everyone had such beautiful finishes this month (wait, I mean LAST month). We're getting down to the wire...two more months in 2013. Since I STILL have so many UFO's, I'm hoping we'll start a new UFO "club" in 2014 - it has spurred me on to get more done.

I agree a new thread in 2014 is a great idea. I haven't been quilting as long as some of you so don't have as many UFOs, but a goal of finishing a started quilt (or smaller projects) each month has been a great motivator for me. I will post a pic of this month's project in the sister thread....

I too am hoping this group continues in 2014... while I look forward to not being totally UFO-bic I will still be working on them. Some of my remaining UFOs are kind of planned UFOs for the future (bed quilts for future guest room etc.)so I'll be thinking about how I want to proceed with them. But I will have several on my finishing radar of course and maybe in the spring I will be able to dial back to a goal of 1 a month. What a treat that will be!

Hello I just joined today and hope this group continues next year also. I have a lot of UFO's and this would encourage me to get them done.

welcome pelikanbus62! This has been a great group and the encouragement is such a motivator!

Here's my first UFO for November (how do you like that...I act like I'm going to finish more than one this month. Talk about the power of positive thinking! Wait, another word for it is delusional...)

It's from Fons & Porter's Easy Quilts, Summer 2013 - Elephant in the Room. It's a baby quilt for a friend's new grandbaby due next month. I had the quilt on my ironing board. My husband (who is normally very supportive and complimentary of my work) asked who the quilt is for. I told him and his response was, "I don't like it. It's not symmetrical at all." Yes, he is an engineer. And yes, he made an argument for 'Husbands - can't live with them, can't leave them on the side of the road.'
    Name:  Mom's Phone_20131101_002.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  1.79 MB

michelleoc - I love it! Did you bring the binding from the back? It looks like minky.
    And who says you can't leave a husband on the side of the road? LOL.
    I love quilting - it's cheaper than therapy!
    Swap Items
    Boom 10

Michelloec, I love it and what do husbands know any way. Thanks for the welcome. Right off the top of my head I believe I have at least six to finish and at least 6 to start. I need a few more hours in my day to work on my quilts.

Fraew.... wonderful Halloween quilts.... aren't they fun?

asimplelife.... beautiful. I think you do such a nice job of fabric selection for your quilts. I really need to do some scrappy quilts to use up some stash... yours are lovely.
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

Michelloec..... What do DHs know? I think it's really cute....
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

Is it too late to jump in for this year?

Never too late to start working on UFOs!!

Thanks for the kudos. I feel better. Yes, it is minky that I brought from the back. When she opened the gift at the baby shower a bunch of ladies jumped out of their chairs and were fondling the fabric!

Well, ladies, I know I fell way short of the mark of getting my UFOs done so I definitely will need to continue next year. Anyone can start the new thread for 2014 if I don't get it done before you are ready to post something. Just follow the same guidelines as I used this year, which I borrowed from 2012.
    I wonder if there is a way to make this a permanent group on here. Hmmm.... don't think it will ever not be needed by some members.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Michelleoc - I adore this one! Such cute fabrics, great color palette and an appealing layout (to my eye anyway!... LOL).

Here is my latest... I've got a trio of these in batiks that I'm finishing up this week for Project Linus. This is Batik Noodle Recipe 1.

Quote Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
    Fraew.... wonderful Halloween quilts.... aren't they fun?

asimplelife.... beautiful. I think you do such a nice job of fabric selection for your quilts. I really need to do some scrappy quilts to use up some stash... yours are lovely.
    Thank you so much - that is such a nice compliment! I love playing with color combinations and love fabric of all types too. Kind of wish there were some I didn't feel compelled to collect!

Blog Entries
    Name:  First I Spy Tumbler Quilt 001.JPG
Views: 167
Size:  643.0 KBIT'S DONE!!! Finally after a number of years, this one will go to a baby girl who is to be born in December, 2013. Waiting for her name to put on a label. It was so fun to do maybe I'll start another one, (after I finish a few other UFO's).
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

everose, love your tumbler quilt. I'd like to make one, but I have to figure out the cutting without any waste. I have lots of pretty floral fabrics and think they would make a pretty tumbler.
    Linda Wedge White

Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 ... LastLast