2014 Fabric Moratorium

Old 01-19-2014, 09:12 PM

Oh Nancia, I love your attempt at meandering. It looks great and I love the colors of the quilt even more. What a great feeling to say,"The quilt has left the building" ...or in your case...the sewing room. LOL!
Old 01-20-2014, 04:24 AM

yes it is, phew another one bites the dust! and another one falls and another one... oh darn that is happening for all the others.. me its still a .. pile. I did however do something oh so productive last night! I went to bed, couldn't sleep so I got up and started organizing my two fabric shelves by color. OMG I have so many blues! and pinks! and three yellows lol (not a color that says buy me?) and I think I can finish at least a couple quilts with the creams I have and yippee! now to finish that last shelf.. I was inspired by Jaba's quilt room. Its like a store! all her bolts of fabric color coordinated, her yardage folded neatly on cardboard holders standing up like books .. oh yeah I wanted that. Her hubby built me my two shelf bookcase so I could do that and she even gave me the cardboard. MONTHS ago. now I am finally going to do myself proud. TADA and not a piece of fabric was purchased in the making of this piece of art. I don't know about you but I am a grab it when testing fabrics then stuff it back.. yup, fling it back to the shelf and after I get going on a new project the neatly organized fabric becomes a hodge podge. This year, I will not allow this to happen. (cross your fingers with me please).
Old 01-20-2014, 02:36 PM

Brat , instead of being overwhelmed just grab one, blindly, and that's the only one that counts! Let the others fade into the background. We can all finish one! Of course, I'm not finished since I have to decide, add borders and Qayg, or make a separate valance? Hmmmm... Big storm on it's way so i need to decide and DO it! Dogs are already curled up tight against me, and old cat on the other side. Now that they're all comfortable i need to go to the rest room. Like getting a kid into a snowsuit, causes over active bladder.n
Old 01-20-2014, 02:46 PM

Brat: Isn't sorting the stash by color an eye opener? Was really confused by the fact I had so few purples until I realized almost all of my quilts have purple, I used them all up. I managed to complete six UFOs last year, just put everything I wasn't working on out of sight. Helped me concentrate on what was in front of me. Of course there are always some people that start really neat quilt alongs that distract me.
Nancia: Didn't know pets cuddling was one of the leading causes of over active bladder. Funny they never mention that in the ads.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:51 AM

So far I have not bought any material this year. Walmart had material marked down to $1 to $3 a yard and nothing I wanted. Yeah I have looked several places but have not seen anything I want.

I have not gotten anything done. Got the 16 patch blocks laid out to put in the stripes . I have not gotten the stripes ready yet.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Coloradowest View Post
So far I have not bought any material this year. Walmart had material marked down to $1 to $3 a yard and nothing I wanted. Yeah I have looked several places but have not seen anything I want.

I have not gotten anything done. Got the 16 patch blocks laid out to put in the stripes . I have not gotten the stripes ready yet.
Good for you for resisting the sale fabric!! I so identify with you...I did get out one UFO and finish it, but it was small. I just can't seem to get on with the rest of them. Get those stripes going and show us, okay? I'll get going and share my next finished UFO...then it becomes a FO, right?
Old 01-22-2014, 07:22 AM

I've made it so far without buying fabric this year! Good thing since I have a custom LAQ project that I'll be paying for in a couple of days. That's at least 3 months of any fabric buying 'budget' on a yearly basis. But, the quilt's special for my niece & nephew.
BTW, I've had NO luck posting photos here for a year or more so I can't share anymore : ( Resizing photos won't work either though I read the instructions & did what was given. Kind of sad.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:00 AM
Power Poster

100 lashes with a jelly roll strip for me. I went to the LQS - one I've never been to before, last night to join a group to make lap quilts for the local Vet hospital. The owner kept the shop open just for us AND I was hungry. That was just too much for me. I felt the call of the flannel, got it in my sight, wrangled it out of the shelf and wrestled it to the cutting counter. I DO plan to ONLY use this for the Vet project and I DID commit to this project. Planning to make rag quilts. But still..........
Old 01-23-2014, 11:03 AM

Nancia, good cause, probably perfectly suited for the project. I hold you totally blameless.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
100 lashes with a jelly roll strip for me. I went to the LQS - one I've never been to before, last night to join a group to make lap quilts for the local Vet hospital. The owner kept the shop open just for us AND I was hungry. That was just too much for me. I felt the call of the flannel, got it in my sight, wrangled it out of the shelf and wrestled it to the cutting counter. I DO plan to ONLY use this for the Vet project and I DID commit to this project. Planning to make rag quilts. But still..........
Where did you go MadQuilter? we live close. Is this hidden gem?