2014 Fabric Moratorium

Old 09-02-2014, 06:09 AM

Calla: A quilter without her autumn palette as September looms is truly in a sad state. You were compelled to go out and buy new fabric so you could wallow in those earth tones. You've earned only a .5 point demerit, come on back up on the wagon. Fabric bins higher than your head, sound luscious.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:11 AM

There are so many pretty fall fabrics. I love stone hedge and the hues are gorgeous. I cannot fault anyone on buying that stuff called fabric we all crave. But I certainly have calmed down on my own purchases. I am really trying to use my stash and am actually cutting into some I could not cut a year or so ago. I know I bought it to use instead of just pet! We certainly are a bunch of quilters, who else would understand these things that we talk about.
Hang in there everyone, we really do need each other.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:31 AM
Power Poster

I just finished a substantial round on the latest round robin and while the colors were not 100% perfect, I decided to go with a lesser degree and pull ALL from stash. The next one will also come entirely from stash. Such a rewarding feeling.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rhonda Lee View Post
There are so many pretty fall fabrics. I love stone hedge and the hues are gorgeous. I cannot fault anyone on buying that stuff called fabric we all crave. But I certainly have calmed down on my own purchases. I am really trying to use my stash and am actually cutting into some I could not cut a year or so ago. I know I bought it to use instead of just pet! We certainly are a bunch of quilters, who else would understand these things that we talk about.
Hang in there everyone, we really do need each other.
Yes and sometimes that first cut is the hardest! I pulled from my stash for the Warm Wishes quilt and wow now I think I can cut into some more. I mean after all what did I (we) buy the fabric for.
Way to go MadQuilter...
Old 09-02-2014, 03:15 PM

Default Completed

Well girlies the table runners are done and another one delivered ........this is what the necessity was, why I went astray.........and Rhonda I quiver just thinking of cutting my Martha P. Lilac fabric.......yikes.........Emma I will try the wagon again...........
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 09-02-2014, 06:10 PM
Power Poster

Looks like your getting ready for Halloween, calla! Boooooooo, trick or treat.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:47 PM

Darling table runners, Calla, and I don't think you went astray, look what you accomplished. Madquilter and oksewglad, it feels good to use the stuff we've been keeping tucked away doesn't it? I really think you all have done well. And Emma with your double sided quilts..an amazing bunch here.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:26 AM
Power Poster

ooh, Calla, those are great! That reminds me I got a piece of fabric with Glow in the Dark ghosts at Salvation Army a couple of years ago. I need to dig it out and actually make something! Thanks for the inspiration.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:12 AM

Oh Paper that would be soooooo spooky, and thank you all for your comments..........calla/Sue
Old 09-03-2014, 06:38 AM

I just received a call from a woman (I don't know) who said I was a contact she had to notify about a local fabric sale being held this weekend for $1 a yard quilt fabric. Okay!!! Future backings for how many quilts if the fabrics have that potential?
This will be such a challenge as there's only 20 minutes to make my purchases because of other commitments for Saturday. How fast can I shop? Talk about stress! It'll be a miracle if I can get out of there in 20 minutes.
And, all this after I just complained about how much backings cost this past weekend....