2014 Fabric Moratorium

Old 01-30-2014, 02:11 PM
Power Poster

You ladies crack me up. I like enthusiastic maniacs as I am one of those myself. lol
Old 01-30-2014, 09:04 PM

Maniacs!? Hmmmmm......... Not sure i fall into that category! But I have been very good! And I'm starting the train ride later today, using all stash. How much it takes will help determine what colors i will use. So excited to get started! Found a template and pattern for a modern dwr by el burns and will get that all set up also. Then, tons of other stuff to do too. How soon will i see a reduction in stash size?
Old 01-30-2014, 09:20 PM

Well, friends, this is fun to read. I live in an apartment and my stash is small. Just before Christmas, I gave away some UFOs and blocks. I only buy what I need to advance a project, like Elisabrat's Medallion quiltalong. I hope the Mystery Train
that starts tomorrow can be scrappy. I have one high end LQS but shopping online is a temptation, don't you think?!
Old 01-30-2014, 09:21 PM

It's January 31th. My name is Judy and I'm a fabriholic. How did you do? I bought 2 yards of black for sashing for a batik quilt, but gave my daughter more than two yards of batiks so I have a net lose. I have chopped up yards of red/black rose fabric - I keep changing my mind but I haven't purchased any new so I'm good.

February is a short month. We can do it!!
Old 01-30-2014, 11:21 PM

Sick, maniacs, mystery trains, fabricholic...yep...I'm at the right place. Today I have been sewing little hs triangles together to get 2" squares. Bonnie Hunter really gets on the band wagon about placing the 1/4 seam allowance in the right place. As well she should! I am chain piecing, chain pressing, chain clipping the dog ears and chain trimming the squares. If I had sewn them together correctly I could eliminate the chain trimming. There's only 350 of them and maybe 3 out of 10 don't have to be trimmed. So I'll just do it and be happy that I can. Meanwhile, I think I'll check out that mystery train. I'm glad February is a short month. Thanks for reminding me, Judy, I won't have as long to want something new.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:00 AM

Oh, the wanting never ends! But I am learning a new philosophy-- there is another line of beautiful fabric coming out next week ( tomorrow,, later today, next month, doesn't matter when), and unless I have to use this today, right now, I can pass it by. I have bought fabric i had to have and it is still waiting to be used. But i do understand that there are fabrics i have collected that i probably will never ever cut into! Just like the teapots i had to have that I have never used.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:03 AM

I didn't buy any fabric or thread this month. I did buy a new die for my go cutter so I can cut up my scraps faster.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:35 AM

Well, I was being very, very good then........! Along came an ad from Whittle's, it was like fate. Just a little back story, designed a quilt on the EQ, really like only about one out of every five, well this was the one. Wanted to do it in those pretty swirly vibrant colors, green, blue, golden yellow, lilac, dashes of brown and beige. Those types of fabric usually are $8 @ yd on sale. Innocently clicked on the blender tab. There they were, every single color I needed and for $4 @ yd. Well I ask you Judge and Jury how could I resist such temptation? So 12 yards later, I will have everything I need for this quilt. In my defense I would like to point out that I just used about 18 yds on a quilt and I almost made it to the end of the month. So I throw myself on the mercy of the court.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:28 AM

I didn't do to well this month. Started the month off with 50% off at the local Ben Franklin. Had to go - LOL I had a gift certificate to use, so was able to get twice the fabric with my gc. I did buy 38 yards of fabric, so hopefully I am good for the rest of the year. Have already used some of it, so that makes me feel a little better. I did finish up a table runner kit, a pattern to hold my twister tools, two quilts and a wall hanging, so I guess I didn't do too bad. Like someone said, February is a short month!
Old 01-31-2014, 09:38 AM

Emma, are you going to make the EQ quilt right away? If so, it was a good purchase. If it goes to stash, then????

Now I have to go look at that website. Hopefully the sale is over.