2014 Fabric Moratorium

Old 01-31-2014, 11:06 AM

Irish: Since I am among friends,yess..ss..s...s! I really couldn't resist. Does it help that when I start something new I always shop from my stash?
Old 01-31-2014, 11:11 AM

Emma, you are very good! I can't wait to see pictures of this swirly quilt. My mind is conjuring all sorts of images, so need the reality. Maybe you could post pics of the fabric? I am staying off buying sites and deleting their e-mails unopened. Otherwise..........
Old 01-31-2014, 01:00 PM

Nancia: I sure will post pictures, it should be here in about a week. Just a question though, isn't showing favorite fabrics a little like having a fabrics anonymous meeting in a quilt shop?
Old 01-31-2014, 02:35 PM

Oh my gosh, I like it here. So understanding, so creative in quilting, so creative in purchasing. I'm waiting for my kit to arrive that was ordered before I joined fabrics anonymous....I'm so glad I'm among those whom have been there, done that and are still believers that I too, can quilt only (mostly) from my stash.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
Oh, the wanting never ends! But I am learning a new philosophy-- there is another line of beautiful fabric coming out next week ( tomorrow,, later today, next month, doesn't matter when), and unless I have to use this today, right now, I can pass it by. I have bought fabric i had to have and it is still waiting to be used. But i do understand that there are fabrics i have collected that i probably will never ever cut into! Just like the teapots i had to have that I have never used.
Narnia, your post is really helpful to me. I am going to adopt your attitude about new fabrics. Thanks so much for sharing.
Cindy
Old 01-31-2014, 06:50 PM

Today, DH attempted to give me a 60% coupon for JoAnns - and I stayed strong and turned it down. Oh the regrets! But Nan, you are right. There is ALWAYS more fabric. And more coupons. Something will always be on sale, no need to buy something I don't need just because I have a coupon!
Old 01-31-2014, 10:48 PM

I was so weak. Almost got some fabric from #1 piecemaker today. man so close!

I wanted to share with you something I am working on in my medallion style quilt along (block of the month category). I have tons of scraps think I shared that picture of the stacks of less than f/4 this is a scrap to me btw.. nothing under 10".. so any how... I am using these up bit by bit. This week I tackled my reds. PUt a wonderful dent in them! I was so proud of myself. this is the good news. Now when I sit down take a break my dear mother in law calls.. she has put a huge box of her scraps together for me and has sent them out priority mail. OH .. thank you. OMG I will never kill my stash if everyone keeps adding to it. Not complaing, cost me nothing probably love a bunch of it but well there went knocking down my rainbow of scraps! she also found a box with a couple dozen zippers, a whole box of assorted rick rack and well some buttons but she has to mail them i another box to me. she has four boxes to send. OMG twice over. I um don't sew clothing. that is a lot of zippers. guess I can make those roses with them they make into broaches? sigh..

well here is my quilteroo loving how its comingout. next round kills the purples I think.. then blues then greens but have to check my rainbow to make sure [ATTACH=CONFIG]459800[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 1797453_778256108855224_1688544572_n.jpg  
Old 01-31-2014, 10:50 PM

ps there are 6 different red fabrics and one orange/red in the last round .. hard to see in this picture. I am glad to see things .. working. scrappy for me is almost impossible. I hate it every time. this is a last ditch effort to try it controlled. hoping I make it all the way without hitting my larger pieces of fabric. wish me luck!
Old 02-01-2014, 06:11 AM

Brat: Love your rainbow. That floral in the center just seems to glow.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:15 AM

Elisabrat: I have seen some very small quilts for Alzheimer's patients that have zippers on them. Otherwise, you could put zippers in tote bags or small makeup bags.

I love reading this thread because of the information and humor.

Time to get moving this morning. I heard about a quilt show in a greenhouse that I plan to go to today in a nearby town. It will be my first time going to one. I do take the time usually to look at all of the quilts at our state fair which is a quilt show in it's own right.

Connie