2014 Fabric Moratorium

Old 09-09-2014, 07:56 PM

Emma, that means you saved $407. I understand there is a lot of quilting fabric that sells for $12 per yard. So if that is the case then the 37 yards would cost $444. I'm just sayin.....ya know a good deal when you see one! There are no quilters among us that could pass up a deal like that. Right? Even the white knuckles and all.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:11 AM

Martina: You are so right. I picture my fall as a graceful swan dive. Leaping high in the air, arched back, perfect form, landing with just the tiniest poof of dust. Lying there clutching my yardage, no remorse at all, well maybe just a little. Rhonda Lee: You make me feel rich. I wonder what trouble I can get into with the $407.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:20 AM

That's a good deal, Emma! No remorse needed, but maybe another star on your halo for 'saving' so much money! Getting ready for winter is smart, so hold that head up high and carry on!
Old 09-10-2014, 06:20 AM
Power Poster

Emma: Wow, $407. I think I only saved about $40-$50 with my paltry 8 yards. Maybe I need to go back so I can save more. I can use the saved money for holiday gifts! How's that for faulty logic?
But seriously, $1/yard and you only got 37? You should be proud for exercising your will power.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:48 AM
Power Poster

....and with 37 yards, you have enough cushion for a soft landing. Enjoy the bounty.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:40 PM

Love reading about all the falling off and climbing back on the wagon events. Emma, I think you get the prize for this month for finding fabric for $1/yd! Wow! I think it was your lucky day...moratorium or not and autumn is a great excuse so we will count that as a pass. Just think of all the fine quilts that will make. I have one more trip to make with hubby this month for his 55th class reunion and then I am hoping I can stay home and quilt. Am working on a backing for my disappearing pinwheel top that I finished the other day. I had extra pinwheels left over so incorporating them into the backing and making it all from stash. Someone else commented about having two quilts in one when the back is different so this will be what I will have, too. May not be pretty but will use up stash. Our QG is taking a road trip on the 30th and I want to leave the quilt (and backing) with LA lady so need to get it done. Hope to post more on the board after we get back home from this trip. Do have to confess that I did buy one more kit from CT when I ordered a calendar for a friend's birthday present. (Needed to get free shipping..don't 'cha know). But I am holding off on beginning that until I get a few more ufo's finished up.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:56 AM

Sandy: That free shipping gets you every time, doesn't it? I've been known to double my order just to save that $7.00. We have massive slippage here. Remember, I warned everyone. I don't know why Autumn is such a difficult season in terms of the moratorium but I do know I have real problems with this time of year. Just a gentle reminder, this is not an enablers thread. We have people in our group that have withstood temptation for over year. We should all observe a moment of silence to honor this stalwart group with awe and admiration.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:43 AM
Power Poster

Well, here is my "un-enabled" report: I solved a color quandary last night from my stash. I ran out of the red sashing so I switched to blue for the cross bars. The "old me" would have chased down more red (and bought god-knows-what in the process). So see, you are being a good influence on me! Granted, this little quilt is for community service but I still want it to be cute.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:25 PM

You are so good Martina! I am participating in Judy's Mystery Train Ride #7. Recently purchased some fabric at the infamous garage sale that I just love. Found one fabric in my stash that went really well with it but the other two are not the right color or shade or value. Yeap going to go shopping with malice of forethought. Probably six more yards. Darn, darn, trying to get back on the wagon but continue to fall into the dust.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:26 PM

Well, I am so happy to report I shopped my stash and found what I needed for Christmas projects! Emma, just dust yourself off and climb back on. You can do this. You've helped me many times. So grab on and I'll help pull you back up.