Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 08-04-2014, 06:47 AM

Carrie: Love that quilt. What a great design. That would be great to cuddle up with, love colors! Oh yeah, congrats on the finish.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:41 AM

I have so many UFOs ,Iam 81 and no family near me so all I do is do quilty things. My youngest daughter lives in Florida and she said to me Mom please finish some of these before you go to heaven. lol So I will try but ..... you see there are so many new patterns and fabs. I just cant help myself AND my dgd brought her BFF and wanted me to teach her to sew and make a quilt. We did and believe or not I even hand quilted it for her. Now to do the same for my grands and mail them to Florida now. lol
Old 08-04-2014, 11:55 AM

Oh no Jolo, say it isn't so. Your mode of operation is the same as mine. I so hoped I would see the error of my ways as I got older. Last year I surprised my whole family and actually completed 6 UFO's. I think it was this group that helped me to stick with it. Unfortunately this year I've been a starter only. Not even one completed quilt this year. I did piece both front and back of 6 more quilts. My plan is to quilt them this fall when the weather gets a little cooler. What stages are yours in? I find I usually stop at the last border. Show us the one that you want to finish and we will cheer you on.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:03 PM

Wow there are some beautiful quilts here. You all do such wonderful work! I am happy to report that my Orca Bay is completely finished! Binding was completed on a fishing trip. I'm in awe of that accomplished feat. At the beginning of the year I did not really think it was possible. Doing the happy dance!! Thank you all for such encouraging words to get me through to the finish. I am in the process of buying a camera to use for posting pictures of my quilts. Any suggestions? This is a new thing for me to do so baby steps are needed. My cell phone is old ..it does not do pictures. And yes some day it will be updated.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:50 AM

Rhonda Lee: Only a fellow whaler would understand what a feat that is, just finished piecing the back on my Orca. It will be sandwiched with the other six during this month. Will be looking for the picture. Can't make any suggestions on the camera. I have an Olympus, very inexpensive. Could well be the photographer but have been very underwhelmed about the quality of the pictures.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:15 AM

I was so hard at work hand quilting my quilt, I really wanted to finally finish it. Then I did something (still don't quite know what I did) and sprained my right wrist. Yeah, hand quilting was right off the table (as was any other type of sewing, typing, writing, any other craft I do...basically everything besides reading a book and watching TV). My wrist is better now after two weeks of rest, but if I do too much it's still tender, so I'm too afraid of re-injuring it and setting back the progress I've made on getting better to get back to my quilting.

Maybe I'll spend some time on a sewing machine project, that shouldn't be as bad for my wrist as hand sewing and quilting, right? *looks hopeful*
Old 08-06-2014, 07:39 PM

I finished 2 UFO's this month. Unable to post pics of them on this site. I tried numerous times and failed. So I will tell you about them. One was scrappy strip quilt (has numerous names, I heard it called the 2 hour quilt). I will donate the quilt to my quild later next week. The second quilt was a tee shirt quilt I make for a co-worker. I decided I really don't like doing tee shirt quilts for others. I worry too much on if they will like the quilt. Anyway, I'm done and can work on more challenging projects. Happy sewing everyone.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:10 AM

JM: Sorry to hear you've been out of action with the sprain. Muscle and joint pain is the worst. Hope you can get back to it soon. Happy: Good on you on your finishes. I know just what you mean when you are sewing for a particular person, would really rather make the quilt before I know the owner.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:33 PM

Wow how nice is this
Old 08-07-2014, 04:34 PM

Wow how nice is this Fraew. Well sheesh