Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 05-10-2016, 05:55 PM

All my "partner's" color choices except the start. Just had a real hard time finishing this because of Elizabrat's death. Now that it is done, I'm really glad it is, she did the last row. As I was putting the binding on today, she was in my thoughts the entire time. Miss her
Old 05-10-2016, 06:34 PM

Congratulations, Jaba on this finish. I hope it will bring you comfort every time you see Elizabrat's work. Very special. Toot Toot.
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
All my "partner's" color choices except the start. Just had a real hard time finishing this because of Elizabrat's death. Now that it is done, I'm really glad it is, she did the last row. As I was putting the binding on today, she was in my thoughts the entire time. Miss her
Old 05-10-2016, 07:53 PM

Jaba Great Quilt love your colors
Old 05-11-2016, 04:39 AM

Default 2 more UFO finishes for May

The wall hanging and table runner are no longer UFOs. Tried some new techniques, micro-stippling on the table runner - oh my that takes a long time. I glue basted my 3 layers together with Elmers washable glue, another first. I prefer spray basting with 505, but my supply is used up and won't be able to buy any here in Islamabad. I used slivers of hand soap to mark some of my quilting lines, that worked out well. And I am very keen on a new technique for joining binding strips and attaching them onto the quilt. Check out the uTube video Sharon Schamber -Perfect Straight Binding. The placemats and hot pads are not UFOs, just decided to make them since I had some leftover fabrics.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg  

Old 05-11-2016, 05:53 AM

These are beautiful, OhCanada. I love that plaid border, and the stippling sets off the stars beautifully.

What a gorgeous quilt, jaba.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:06 AM

Nice job, OhCanada. Toot, Toot on your two finishes! Love the wall hanging. It sounds like you are adept at making do when supplies run short. Are you able to order 505 online or would that not be something that's shippable to Pakistan? I imagine it might not be possible. Congrats on all of your finishes.
Originally Posted by OhCanada View Post
The wall hanging and table runner are no longer UFOs. Tried some new techniques, micro-stippling on the table runner - oh my that takes a long time. I glue basted my 3 layers together with Elmers washable glue, another first. I prefer spray basting with 505, but my supply is used up and won't be able to buy any here in Islamabad. I used slivers of hand soap to mark some of my quilting lines, that worked out well. And I am very keen on a new technique for joining binding strips and attaching them onto the quilt. Check out the uTube video Sharon Schamber -Perfect Straight Binding. The placemats and hot pads are not UFOs, just decided to make them since I had some leftover fabrics.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:17 AM

Blue Bell - Congratulations on the ribbon. Bet you were really happy you finished that UFO.

Oh Canada - Your WH and table runner are both beautiful. You were not kidding when you said micro stippling; however it turned out great and really sets off the stars.
How much longer will you be in Pakistan?
Old 05-11-2016, 11:46 AM
Power Poster

Congratulations E.....way to go....
Originally Posted by Blue Bell View Post
Not only did I buy the fabric and make the PARIS FOREVER quilt for my daughter's Mother's Day gift during the month of April, but I also entered my 20l6 UFO Challenge March finish, into the NBQA April quilt show, and won 3rd place for the Farm Girl Vintage quilt. I was so happy to get a ribbon.

Jaba, Love your quilt. You have great quilting buddies.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Beautiful red and white Fraew, love the disign.
Today finally I finished this. It's got to be at least 3, if not 4 years old. Was one of the first Round Robins I did with other member's of the QB. I did the middle and then sent fabric along for the other's to make their rounds. Can't find my sheet on it but think it was momma hauser, tlambing, dabbler and elizabrat. [ATTACH=CONFIG]549717[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]549718[/ATTACH]
Pretty! You are quite productive!
Old 05-11-2016, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Nice job, OhCanada. Toot, Toot on your two finishes! Love the wall hanging. It sounds like you are adept at making do when supplies run short. Are you able to order 505 online or would that not be something that's shippable to Pakistan? I imagine it might not be possible. Congrats on all of your finishes.
I have some things shipped via diplomatic pouch several times a year, but unfortunately aerosols are not allowed. I wouldn't trust the local post - but hey - at least they have one! So that leaves me with courier companies like DHL, UPS, I'll have to look into it if I get desperate. We have a vacation planned in Europe in August, maybe I can find some in Amsterdam. Until then I'm rationing the 505 lol. I just spray basted 2 quilts last night, I now have 4 quilt sandwiches patiently for me, 3 of which will be hand quilted. So I should be good for awhile.