Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 10-27-2016, 08:09 AM

Leta, sweet pillows and the baby wall hanging is adorable.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:45 PM

/Users/Gloria/Desktop/IMG_7712.jpg
I just finished another UFO so I'm down to 37 (started with 46 in January). I hand-embroidered the flowers and machine-quilted the rest. I titled it "Flowers for Christmas."

I don't think the picture is going to show up. I'm still having problems trying to post pictures - cannot see an icon with a tree on it that lets you post pics. Help!

I don't know why, but I can insert my picture if I go to the Picture forum, but not here....so if you want to see it that's where it is.:-)

Last edited by Glojean48; 10-28-2016 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:55 PM

Default "Flowers for Christmas"

Okay....I'm reposting my message because I finally found out how to post photos. As I said in my earlier post, this is another UFO finished (down to 37 from 46 in January). I hand-embroidered the flowers and machine-quilted the rest.
Attached Thumbnails img_7712.jpg  
Old 10-29-2016, 05:31 AM

Glojean48 I just the echoing on the flowers. Beautiful finish!
Old 10-29-2016, 05:44 AM

Letawellman, congratulations on your Love Wall hanging and your pillows. The horses are beautiful. Toot, Toot!

Originally Posted by letawellman View Post
I spent most of my weekend organizing my stash, but a UFO finish came out of it - a baby-quilt or probably should really be considered a wall-hanging. It has teddy bears lying all over the letters L-O-V-E.
My camera (that I also found as a result of organizing) is charging, but I PROMISE tomorrow I will post pics of the pillows and the wall-hanging.

I also uncovered a Dresden Plate UFO (just needs borders, quilting and binding), and a STUPENDOUSLY old UFO, that isn't really "mine". It's a flimsy, Drunkard's Path variation, that my great-grandmother made... probably around late 1960's-early 1970's. I'm going to have to be really careful with this one, as it's hand-pieced. Since they were both crammed in the bottom of a box, they're both in dire need of pressing. The Dresden Plate is about queen-sized, and the one from GGM is about twin-sized.

So, Janice, if you haven't already "counted" the pillows (they can count as 1 UFO, even though there's 3 of them), that's 1 UFO finish, and the L-O-V-E wall hanging is another. So, 2 finishes for me before the end of October.

Up next is my longarm challenge quilt. Not a UFO, sad to say.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:46 AM

Another UFO finish QM? Wow! Congratulations and Toot, Toot! Please clarify for me. Is this UFO finish the leaf quilt shown in 2489?
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Thank you Elly66 and all those compliments. So appreciated.
I did finish one UFo and I do not have a photo of it yet. Yep, grabbed all those orphan blocks that I left alone for such a long time that were just started, added a few more orphan blocks to it from other swaps and finished it up last night on that binding. Yeah, another one done. Will give it to the neighbor. Yes, I will post a photo of it finished. It is nice. Used scrap binding as well.
Speaking of those scraps, working on a spider web quilt. Going to be a long haul for sure.

Last edited by Janice McC; 10-29-2016 at 05:49 AM.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:54 AM

Altairss, wonderful and fun UFO finish. Congratulations and Toot, Toot! And Altairss, you have the 365 finish of the year! Congratulations!
Originally Posted by Altairss View Post
the last few weeks I have been tied up working on the Baby before Christmas baby shower. My niece is a huge nightmare before Christmas fan So little work on UFO's or much of anything else. I did need a few prizes for the party so made some table runners and thought since almost everyone is a huge Seahawk fan that was coming I took the three left over orphan blocks from my DH UFO quilt and made a table runner for the diaper raffle so at least one little UFO has left the building! And my orphan block drawer is actually getting some room! I forgot pictures of any of them but the winner kindly sent me a picture snapped with her phone so I could at least have some record of it
[ATTACH=CONFIG]561011[/ATTACH]
Old 10-29-2016, 05:57 AM

Glojean, I love this. Congratulations on your Flowers for Christmas. Toot, Toot!
Originally Posted by Glojean48 View Post
Okay....I'm reposting my message because I finally found out how to post photos. As I said in my earlier post, this is another UFO finished (down to 37 from 46 in January). I hand-embroidered the flowers and machine-quilted the rest.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:25 AM

wonder if we'll make 400 by end of year.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:01 AM

I am sorry I have been missing lately. I haven't been able to follow the thread, but I will try to catch up. I had a contest with my quilting group that I was in charge of planning and it ended this week. I said I would post pictures of my finishes from the contest after it was over (I got credit for these already). The large star is the back of the one with the three stars. Both quilts have orphan blocks from quilts I made last year. I made another large star quilt last year and this is the sister blocks that were made last year. However, I had not sewn them together. I wasn't sure if I was going to use the same design or cut them down into something else. In the end, I decided to just make another large star with them. What is different this year is I put the star on the back and added a different front. The Care Bears blocks were leftover from another Care Bear quilt. I added some additional blocks in other fabrics. Sorry they are sideways. I haven't figured out how to turn them.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]561274[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]561275[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]561276[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_4404-medium-.jpg   img_4366-medium-.jpg   img_4370-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by silliness; 10-29-2016 at 11:13 AM.