Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 05-20-2016, 08:19 PM
Power Poster

I got the blue and cream UFO finished from post #1450..Will try to get pictures posted later...

Next project is a bag made from upholstery samples. I used press on vinyl on it as some fabrics are light colored...found a nice floral in my stash that will be used for lining and outer band and handles...Will take picture when done; it's been a UFO for a while. Maybe I will get two done this month....

Last edited by oksewglad; 05-20-2016 at 08:21 PM.
Old 05-21-2016, 01:33 PM

willing to adopt maker of pretty pillows...just a thought.

Love the pillow rryder even though I'm not a rooster person.

I've never done needlepoint. I'm tempted seeing your work.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:29 PM

Rob, very nice rooster, your mother will like the pillow.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:58 PM

I'm not about to discourage any sewing related UFO finish so Rryder, it's a finish that counts to me! I love the pillow btw. I used to do a lot of needlepoint years ago so I do appreciate your work. TOOT TOOT on the Rooster.
Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Here's my first UFO finished for May. I don't know if it counts toward our total since it isn't a quilt. I finished the needlepoint part 3 years ago and have been meaning to turn it into a pillow for my mom ever since. So I finally got it done, just in time for her birthday tomorrow. YAY! The back is a piece of a velvet remnant I've had for ages.

Rob
Old 05-21-2016, 06:01 PM

Well, OK oksewglad! Good for you. Toot toot and congratulations!

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
I got the blue and cream UFO finished from post #1450..Will try to get pictures posted later...

Next project is a bag made from upholstery samples. I used press on vinyl on it as some fabrics are light colored...found a nice floral in my stash that will be used for lining and outer band and handles...Will take picture when done; it's been a UFO for a while. Maybe I will get two done this month....
Old 05-22-2016, 07:16 PM

I have two finished UFOs to report. The first one is a Trip Around the World crib sized quilt. The second one is a twin sized quilt that I started for my granddaughter a year ago. I had the top done fairly quickly but it has taken a year to get it quilted. I visited her this weekend and finished the binding while I was there. The photo was taken before the binding was attached.

Jane aka Granny2CC
Attached Thumbnails carmis-quilt.jpg  

Last edited by granny2cc; 05-22-2016 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:38 AM

Hi everyone!

Wow, even though the train has slowed a little, there have been some amazing finishes!

MadQuilter, I had no idea you were so bloodthirsty!! I will never look at Sunbonnet Sue in quite the same way ever again!

Rob, love the pillow!! I used to do cross-stitch, so I know how much work went into this.

And all the other finishes - just WOW!

I feel like SUCH a slacker now. I doubt very seriously I'll get to a UFO for May. I have an order for a "Clemson Tigers" wall hanging (paid customer, so I'm not turning that down) and one of my regular longarm customers came by this weekend with a small project. Again, a paying customer, so my UFO's will have to wait.

Add to all of that, I was tagged for not one, but TWO major projects at work, so I've been putting in a lot of overtime on my job. Fortunately, I'm NOT salaried, so I DO get paid for OT. But really - 55 hours is draining, especially when you add a one-hour commute to it.

Good work, quilters!! I'm cheering for you all... and hopefully, I'll get back to my UFO's in June.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by letawellman View Post
Hi everyone!
MadQuilter, I had no idea you were so bloodthirsty!! I will never look at Sunbonnet Sue in quite the same way ever again!
LOL, I am only documenting her bad dreams. Can I help it that she is watching scary movies?????
Old 05-23-2016, 12:33 PM

Oksewglad - congrats on the finish.

Granny2cc - Very pretty quilt, I bet your GD really liked it. Also, congrats on the baby quilt being completed.

A couple of other groups I participate in here on the board have taken me away from my UFO. If I am lucky I will still get in another finish before the end of the month.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:04 AM

Way to go Granny2cc. I bet she loves it!

Rob