Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 11-15-2016, 09:09 AM

LOve your blue quilt Jaba.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:17 AM
Power Poster

I have 7 close to finnished. Hopefully with Thanksgiving DS can help me with the picture posting. I cut the binding for 4 of them yesterday and another one just needs a label.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:14 PM

Go Anna, Go Anna!!!!!
Old 11-15-2016, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
I started counting my UFO'S last night...still counting...scary thought....
That's funny!!
When I did some reorganization a few weeks ago, I decided to not let it scare me, but rather, motivate me to free up the space in my sewing room.
I've forgotten how many I have... maybe around 30...probably more.
So, yeah, I'll probably be on the UFO Train for a couple years to come... at least a couple... if not a decade or two.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:35 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by letawellman View Post
That's funny!!
When I did some reorganization a few weeks ago, I decided to not let it scare me, but rather, motivate me to free up the space in my sewing room.
I've forgotten how many I have... maybe around 30...probably more.
So, yeah, I'll probably be on the UFO Train for a couple years to come... at least a couple... if not a decade or two.
My QBuddy laughed when I told her I was counting....think I will follow kwiltkrazy's plan....I should have plenty of projects to choose from to finish...
Old 11-16-2016, 01:47 PM

I just took a peek over on the "Fabric Moratorium" page, thinking that I might hop on that train too next year.
During my "organizing" binge, I was flabbergasted with not only the number of UFO's but also the amount of fabric I have accrued.

But evidently that didn't deter me one bit when I saw an AWESOME sale on MassDrop - Michael Miller Cotton Couture fabric (one bolt of black, one of white), and that's enroute to my house.

Then there was the email from Green Fairy Quilts (Judi Madsen) that gave employee pricing, and I just HAD to have that fat quarter bundle with some additional yardage.

And my commute takes me past Mary Jo's (Quilter's Heaven!!), so resisting that temptation is a daily struggle.
And there is a wholesale fabric company about 15 miles away that has "open to the public" sales twice a year. Last time I went, I bought 2 bolts of neutrals and 1 bolt of 108" wide backing fabric.

I think I had REALLY better join that train in January - it looks like I desperately need a fabric intervention!!!
Or I need to unsubscribe to all the quilt shop emails.

Or both.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:59 PM

I'm hoping to finish a wall hanging and start quilting on 2 tops next week. If I had the time and energy, I would like to complete these 3 and 4 more UFO's before the end of the year. I do plan to start the Bonnie Hunter Mystery, which starts the day after Thanksgiving. That will slow down my progress on UFO's. So I will see many of you next year.

Jaba, what a lovely blue quilt. So pretty.

My thoughts on counting UFO's... I stop counting after 20. I pick out 20 of my projects I want to do next year and work only on them. They are usually the projects I want to get back to soon. In between time I start new projects and next year they become UFO's. LOL
Old 11-16-2016, 05:20 PM
Power Poster

I just took a peek over on the "Fabric Moratorium" page, thinking that I might hop on that train too next year.
During my "organizing" binge, I was flabbergasted with not only the number of UFO's but also the amount of fabric I have accrued.

But evidently that didn't deter me one bit when I saw an AWESOME sale on MassDrop - Michael Miller Cotton Couture fabric (one bolt of black, one of white), and that's enroute to my house.

Then there was the email from Green Fairy Quilts (Judi Madsen) that gave employee pricing, and I just HAD to have that fat quarter bundle with some additional yardage.

And my commute takes me past Mary Jo's (Quilter's Heaven!!), so resisting that temptation is a daily struggle.
And there is a wholesale fabric company about 15 miles away that has "open to the public" sales twice a year. Last time I went, I bought 2 bolts of neutrals and 1 bolt of 108" wide backing fabric.

I think I had REALLY better join that train in January - it looks like I desperately need a fabric intervention!!!
Or I need to unsubscribe to all the quilt shop emails.

Or both.
Leta....do we need to stage an intervention?
Old 11-16-2016, 07:08 PM
Power Poster

Oh yes, we need you on the moratorium thread.
Old 11-16-2016, 09:01 PM

Intervention, this sorta makes me roll the last time I mentioned that two of the people I mentioned it too brought me fabric the next time they came by. Told them they sorta missed the point.

I finished quilting my second oldest UFO a quilt in a day bargello and its squared up and ready to bind, I have over half the quilting done on some UFO blocks that I turned into another table runner. Those blocks are almost three years old. While I have out my babylock Jane out (that's what I do my FMQ on) I will start work on a UFO that was supposed to be last years Christmas present to my DH. Its all basted and I think I have decided how it shall be quilted. So If everything goes half way decent I will be ready to bind them all by next week.