Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 12-28-2016, 08:33 AM

Default Be still my heart :) :)

Oh my Gosh! I'm so tempted to tell you how many UFO finishes we've had to date but for those who haven't been keeping track with me, I think I'll keep it a surprise until the end!
Old 12-28-2016, 09:08 AM

Janice, I can't wait to see how many we've all done!!

Since I had caught up on my BH Mystery Quilt clues, I was still in a piecing mood, so I grabbed an existing UFO, and pieced a couple of blocks. So, I'm already focusing on next year's projects!!

Whoo-hoo!! I love the QB, and this group in particular - you all are such inspiration to me!!
Old 12-28-2016, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Altairss View Post
my nephew got me a picture. This is a design I have been tweaking working out the kinks to make it bigger and to now bow in at the heel. Think I finally got it where I want it with the Pink one. Fully lined and I FMQ their names right in the design. Not bad for working on them with a head cold
[ATTACH=CONFIG]564463[/ATTACH]
OMG!!! How stinking CUTE!!!!!!

Did you work this pattern up yourself?? Please share!! We're horse-people here, and I'd love to do new stockings for everyone for next Christmas!!
Old 12-28-2016, 09:20 AM
Administrator

are you planning to renew the challenge for 2017?

i hope so.

i have waaaaaaaaaay too many UFOs to be able to get them all done by midnight, on the 31st. lol
Old 12-28-2016, 09:52 AM

Oh, good heavens...how can I stop now? Yes, I'd be pleased to renew it! And if I recall correctly, the procedure it to make a post on the challenge board and then you will approve it's posting. I thought I'd do that late on the 31st or very early on the 1st. OK with you???

And I do hope that if you've got such a long list of UFOs, we'll be seeing some finishes from you, too.

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
are you planning to renew the challenge for 2017?

i hope so.

i have waaaaaaaaaay too many UFOs to be able to get them all done by midnight, on the 31st. lol
Old 12-28-2016, 10:34 AM

I just have to be facetious, I am a Pittsburgh Steeler Fan, and have to say, no wonder considering the team you were working with that more went wrong than right. Just a bit of humor. I think you did wonderful on your finishes and I especially love the cowboy boot stockings you did. Those are adorable. That Dog bone is a great idea fora quilt. You did great. Please no offense on the Seahawk quilt please. I had to sit thru a Packer game with hubby and wear Packer attire on Christmas Eve. LOL
Originally Posted by Altairss View Post
So here is two UFO finishes I started these last October but then did not work on them till just a few weeks and the stocking a few days before Christmas. More went wrong then went right with the log cabin but its done and gifted.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]564461[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]564462[/ATTACH]
Old 12-28-2016, 10:34 AM

I am hoping to get a photo posted, but while on vacation, I finished a UFO. It is a crocheted table cloth I started oh so many years ago.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:36 AM

Ha ha ha ha! I'm such a good faker! I *started* one of those Giant Swoon quilts. If I finish it in 2017, I can post it here on UFO, on the Giant Swoon thread AND in the Vintage Machine thread (I sew on S-403.)

Old 12-28-2016, 11:08 AM

No worries everyone has their own team and the one's we all get stuck watching lol. I so see that humor and it really crossed my mind too lol
On The western Boot stocking is a hybrid pattern I found a free clip art boot to start but it was too small and had some issues so I created a bigger one with many changes out of a paper bag. Then I kept changing it and now it nothing like the clip art.
Then I bought a pattern off line for another version but it had many issues that I had trouble with it was way smaller then what I was working with now but I did borrow some ideas from it like the designs on the FMQ well sorta but its far from what I started with and I keep changing it to make it larger and more boot like. Horse person here so it had to keep getting more and more realistic.

My pattern template is made up of a bunch of pieces all cut out and some I just free hand. at this point nothing is really shareable as it doesn't make sense to anyone but me. Its close now to what I am aiming for so I might come up with something but it won't be for awhile.
Old 12-28-2016, 05:51 PM
Power Poster

Oh the creative process, Altairss....
A 3 for 1 deal in my opinion, quiltmouse...
QMomma, your tablecloth sounds lovely...please share...oh and MrOK changed channels when he saw how poorly his Vikings were playing last week...the Wisconsinites come tomorrow for Christmas...Will he hear the end of it?.....
While getting spare bedroom ready I started listing UFO smalls...up to ten...have not counted the biggies....I'm scared to....so I will need another UFO challenge for 2017....thanks Janice for keeping us on track and for guidance during the upcoming year.