Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 02-29-2016, 07:11 AM

It's the last day of February and I wonder how many more finishes will post for this month? It's been an exciting month and I hope there are even another couple of UFO finishes yet to come. What a ride so far. We shall see.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:33 AM

I am determined to finish some of my UFO's this year! Never to buy new fabric unless it's to finish a UFO! that's my goal. I'm finishing some pillow cases and finished a quilt for my granddaughter for her 8th year baptism quilt! I'm so glad I really got it finished on time.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:48 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543729[/ATTACH]
My delectable mountain is done!!!!! 14 hours of quilting. I am so glad. Three years in the corner it was. Then ran out of fabric. Thank goodness Old Country Fabrics had the right cream background, but still was not enough. Had to make the trees to fill in the space. They are wonky and do add to the whole affect. Marked my design on this quilt, then one of the fabric pens faded on me, so had to remark half the quilt while was on the longarm. thank goodness it is done.
Attached Thumbnails img_7155%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 02-29-2016, 08:49 AM

I have two more UFOs on the longarm. Stuck on how to finish the quilting. All the ditch work is finished. Just the border on one and the back ground fill on the other. Those may end up being March finishes. Unless I get them figured out tonight when home and finish them.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:11 AM

Miss a couple days and I missed a bunch of finishes! Great job, everyone! Keep up the motivation for your UFO's. You all are an inspiration to me. Thank you!

Linda in Missouri
Old 02-29-2016, 10:40 AM

QuilterMomma: what a spectacular quilt! Beautiful quilting and lovely color combo. The quilting makes it very special. I am envious of your skill, as I am still "practicing" FMQ on my Tiara to finish up some Thimbleberries tops too long in the pile. Don't know what made me think I could just whip them out! But I'll get there eventually....
Old 02-29-2016, 11:00 AM

QuilterMomma, what a stunner! Toot, Toot! it's wonderful. I love how you overcame obstacles to get it finished, especially the fabric shortage which you solved with your trees. Inspired! Congratulations!
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]543729[/ATTACH]
My delectable mountain is done!!!!! 14 hours of quilting. I am so glad. Three years in the corner it was. Then ran out of fabric. Thank goodness Old Country Fabrics had the right cream background, but still was not enough. Had to make the trees to fill in the space. They are wonky and do add to the whole affect. Marked my design on this quilt, then one of the fabric pens faded on me, so had to remark half the quilt while was on the longarm. thank goodness it is done.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:19 AM

One more quilt sliding in just under the February deadline. A little (24") quilty to donate to the local children's hospital. This was a "free" quilt, as the bits were leftover from another twister project a few months ago. Quilted last week and bound today. That leap day came in handy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]543743[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p2290706.jpg  
Old 02-29-2016, 12:03 PM

Wow - love the mountains!! and those trees look perfect in them - just don't tell anyone. I am in awe of
anyone who can quilt - if it isn't straight lines, it doesn't get done. I love to piece, but hate to sandwich and quilt.

And the twister is so colorful and any kid - or any kid at heart - would love it.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:39 PM

Wow, a lot of finished since I was last on.
GramE - Congratulations on a great Finish.
Julie R - I need a sew in. Just too many distractions at home. Congratulations of the finishing the two charity quilts. I am sure you will make someone very happy with the donation.
OhCanada - Isn't it great when with you a quilt of firsts. You did an excellent job on designing the quilt.
MadQulter - Your DH looks very happy holding his runner. I have never done crumb; however, your triangles look really nice in the runner.
Quilter Momma - Beautiful job on the Delectable Mountains
Kristakz - You will definitely make some child happy with your cheery twister quilt.