Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 02-29-2016, 12:45 PM

Janice, add two more finished to the list for February. I finished up two table runners. I will post the pictures tomorrow as I did not get a chance to take them before I left for work today.

My King size quilt is now loaded on the frame. I just need to find a pattern I like and get it quilted, bound, and stitched down. This should definitely see finished in March along with it's Queen Christmas buddy, which I did get the binding attached, now just need to finish sewing it down.

After these two are done I think I am going to take a UFO break and just complete a WIP. I have not touched my Row-by-Row for 2015 since October and I really want to get that finished before Row-by-Row 2016 begins. I was so close but yet so far in making the October 31st deadline.
Old 02-29-2016, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]543729[/ATTACH]
My delectable mountain is done!!!!! 14 hours of quilting. I am so glad. Three years in the corner it was. Then ran out of fabric. Thank goodness Old Country Fabrics had the right cream background, but still was not enough. Had to make the trees to fill in the space. They are wonky and do add to the whole affect. Marked my design on this quilt, then one of the fabric pens faded on me, so had to remark half the quilt while was on the longarm. thank goodness it is done.
What's a mountain with out trees!! Love it and great job quilting!
Old 02-29-2016, 01:16 PM

2 more table runners done, every time I open a drawer I find another one. They are literally crawling out of the woodwork. One more week and I hope I can start loading quilts with my hand. [ATTACH=CONFIG]543745[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]543746[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   002.jpg  
Old 02-29-2016, 01:21 PM

Oh my goodness!! So many finishes, I can't keep up with them all!!

I had truly hoped to get my 2nd February finish in by yesterday, but it didn't happen - over the weekend, I was busy helping rebuild the tractor motor, then once that was done, we attached the log splitter and really zipped through a pile of wood!

However, all is not lost! I loaded the Lone Star wall-hanging the other day (Friday, maybe?), and did get about 2/3 of it quilted. Maybe - just MAYBE - I can get it finished and bound tonight before I go to bed.

So, a few days from now, when our Engineer has a chance to catch her breath and tally up our finishes, it will be interesting to see if February's tally exceeded January's? I know my personal count is down, but so many of you really have been an inspiration!!

If we keep up at this pace, it will be amazing to see what we accomplish by the end of the year!!
Old 02-29-2016, 02:44 PM

Jaba, love the table runners. I am not usually drawn to pink; however, I really like you pink one. I believe the 2nd one is a Mystery Train one. I have two of them sitting in a pile waiting to be quilted. So love that pattern.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:36 PM

QuilterMomma, I have never seen the delectable mountain in this formation. Lovely and so like the colors!
Old 02-29-2016, 05:42 PM

I did some re-organizaiton of my quilting room this afternoon. I got all of my bins of fabric and small cuts labeled and I am proud to say that the double folding doors now close! I also found a couple of additional UFOs and some patterns and fabric cuts that were designated to be made for others. I began planning the quilt for my son and another for his wife that are on the Christmas gift list. The each have their own small bin and I can drop in fabrics that will fit those quilts as they appear in my stash!

I think I will be taking UFOs with me to my quilt retreat early in April. Hope to get two done. Now.... which two!
Old 02-29-2016, 06:08 PM

Anoka, yes you are right.....mystery train for sure
Old 02-29-2016, 07:35 PM

Great Quilts and Table runners
Old 02-29-2016, 07:45 PM

QuilterMomma - the entire quilt is delectable - not just the mountains!
Great idea to add the trees and the quilting is beautiful.