Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 03-02-2016, 10:09 AM

Last call on February finishes! Anyone else out there have another one to share before I close out the month? This train is moving so darn fast down the track that I don't want to leave anyone's finishes out. I'll post the tally tomorrow. Thanks everyone!
Old 03-02-2016, 11:52 AM

Question to all - how do you stay away from all these forums and blogs and quilty sites and quilty stores long enough to finish anything?? Between pinterest and downloads and favorite place files I find myself spending way too much time drooling then sewing.
I used to embroider or do binding while sitting with hubby watching tv. But know the computer is on my lap while we sit. So unproductive - but so much fun too
I guess that is why I am on here - with UFO's!
Old 03-02-2016, 01:35 PM

that is a problem until I come to the end of the year and have nothing to show for it.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
My delectable mountain is done!!!!! 14 hours of quilting. I am so glad. Three years in the corner it was. Then ran out of fabric. Thank goodness Old Country Fabrics had the right cream background, but still was not enough. Had to make the trees to fill in the space. They are wonky and do add to the whole affect. Marked my design on this quilt, then one of the fabric pens faded on me, so had to remark half the quilt while was on the longarm. thank goodness it is done.

Love the trees QuilterMomma, they make the rest of the design pop! You did a beautiful job on the quilting, even if you did have to re-mark in the middle. I've had some of those vanishing pens disappear in as little as 2 hours here in central Virginia--I think it's the humidity that does it.

Rob
Old 03-02-2016, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
One more quilt sliding in just under the February deadline. A little (24") quilty to donate to the local children's hospital. This was a "free" quilt, as the bits were leftover from another twister project a few months ago. Quilted last week and bound today. That leap day came in handy

Great finish on the twister quilt Krista. I love the bright cheerful colors.

Rob
Old 03-02-2016, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Anoka, yes you are right.....mystery train for sure

Both runners are lovely Jaba, I can't decide which I like better. I'm not usually a fan of pink, but something about the way it works with the brown border and the print fabrics calls to me.

What is a mystery train????

Rob
Old 03-02-2016, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter View Post
As promised here are pictures of my February finishes

I usually do not count something as a UFO if under a year old....

Love the runners Anoka. Both are interesting patterns, but I'm particularly fond of the layering on the Christmas quilt.

Rob
Old 03-02-2016, 01:54 PM

Ohhhh rryder, they are addicting. A member from the board hosts them, PaintMeJudy. It is a mystery quilt. She always comes up with great patterns and there is nothing to buy, unless you have to buy fabric. The next one is just starting and the clues come out each Saturday. The current one is going to be a table runner and the last clue will be given on 3/19. This is actually one of the very first things I ever participated in when I joined the QB. The only clue so far is the fabric choice. Hop on board, or at least just stop in and check it our. I have done 3 of her table runners, a table topper, and a quilt that is not a UFO yet, but probably will hit that status before I get it done. I have already hopped aboard and am going to take a little UFO break to join in the fun over at the train.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:59 PM

rryder, here is the link. I've done all of her mysterytrains...very addicting! And such a fun group! Try it. Grab some fabrics for Sat. clue. My problem is that I get the tops done, then go on to other things; before you know it, UFO. That's one reason I ALWAYS have UFO's to get done every year. But, I so love doing her mysteries!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...e-t276160.html
Old 03-02-2016, 05:08 PM

Everyone is doing so well with their UFO's. I started off good, but have to slow down right now for other things. But hope to still manage to get 1 or 2 done for March. I notice I'm not the only one with Judy's mysteries as UFO's.
Krista, LOVE your bright colors! Such a happy quilt!!! Mommaquilter, your mountain quilt is fabulous! I just love looking at everyone's wonderful work.