2020 UFO Challenge

Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM

Good evening everyone, Rob those chicken are Gorgeous, Sync, loving those appliques, and congratulations to the both of you on those finishes

Speaking for myself, the mask making is getting stale with me, I think that I got 15 or 20 more to go and I am going to pack that up until after the new year. It's time to get in a little piecing. I don't even want to make another apron

Happy finishes everyone and stay safe

cherryb
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM

Sync: Congratulations on your great finish!

oksewglad: I look forward to seeing your hanging pole set up.
Old Today, 12:07 AM

Cherry- you're sick of making them - I'm sick of wearing them! I know its important but ...just...so...tired ...of...Covid.....

In the meantime- a moment of respect for my pretty points here. Hope I manage to keep them when this block meets up.with its friends.
Attached Thumbnails 20201026_205746_burst01.jpg  
Old Today, 04:22 AM

I went diving in to my UFO's last week to find one to finish for October. Well, I got really distracted, (squirrel) but for a good purpose....I think. Part of my challenge is that I love the planning and piecing part of quilting and not the finishing part. Then add the out of sight our of mind thing. Well I found eleven, yes, 11 quilt tops that need sandwiching and quilting. Some need backing because I have used up so much of my larger pieces this year already. But, in an effort to "see" the UFO's I hung them in my stash closet using skirt/pants clippy hangers. Each has its backing and batting all on the same hanger, when possible.

I know there are more lurking in hiding places about my sewing room but three are still in the piecing stage. They are going to wait. One additional one is so, dare I say ugly, that I have no desire to finish it. That puts me up to 14. Oh, goodness! November should be a record breaking month for me. I am determined to get these out of my closet and into the hands of someone who can use them. Besides I have run out of clippy hangers. Tee-Hee-Hee!