2020 UFO Challenge

Old 12-17-2020, 04:30 PM

Congratulations Vasilisa and oksewglad on your finishes.

I hope you are starting to feel better, oksewglad. 🙏

Another board member sent me her UFO to finish and donate. I changed the pattern to fit my church quilting group’s favorite size. It’s just a top and will be set aside for my church group to finish. The 4 remaining blocks will be used in different quilt tops.

70.5” by 80.5” UFO top finished:

Attached Thumbnails 4326d8f7-c53d-4432-ae74-9eadbdefdf1c.jpeg  
Old 12-17-2020, 08:59 PM

Hope you are feeling better, Oksewglad.

Vasilisa .... congrats on the finish...I’ll go check it out... and glad you got your quilting mojo back!

retiredteach... you amaze me with how quickly you can whip these tops out. This is really cool!
Old 12-18-2020, 03:23 AM

Retiredteacher - Nicely done on the quilt. Love the color scheme and pattern - it would go well with a lot of different decor themes.
Old 12-18-2020, 03:49 AM

Rob, your butterfly is truly a work of art...fabulous finish.

oksewglad, thank you for the block idea and I totally could relate to your panto issue as that happened to me earlier this year when I was doing a quilt for a friend. 😏

Teen, I am so envious that you completed all your Christmas sewing and UFOs. It must be a wonderful feeling to be able to start a new project...
Old 12-18-2020, 04:09 AM

I'm envious of all of you that completing your UFO's! Kudos to you-dos!!

(I'm in an RA flare (again) so my sewing is going at the speed of a frozen snail and my WIP's and UFO's (I have 4 of 'em now) might be done by the time a real UFO lands.)

With everything that's going on, it feels facetious to say 'Have a Merry Christmas everyone' but I'm going to say it anyway - Have a Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-18-2020, 04:20 AM

K & I may have some UFOs to report soon because her daughter came in for the holidays, bearing more tops! She wants to take 2 completed quilts back when she leaves on the 28th, so we'd better get cracking! The others will most likely be finishes in 2021. The tops have been completed for a while, apparently, so they qualify as UFOs. I'll post as we work on them.
Old 12-18-2020, 04:34 AM

Oksewglad, Vasilisa and Retiredteach- congratulations on your finishes. It is inspiring to see what everyone is doing and how folks are handling their ufos.

Hope you’re feeling better oksewglad.

Conchalea- you and your friend are amazing- good job on taking on more UFOs!!!

I started the year with 33 UFOs and am now down to 20 or 21 thanks to the encouragement offered on this thread. I probably will never be someone who has no UFOs, so I’m very thankful for this challenge as it helps me keep them from taking over the world .

And thanks for all the kind words on the Big Butterfly. My reward for finishing it and meeting my goal of completing 12 UFOs this year was to start one new project and I chose to take a class on painting with dyes that Helen Godden was offering on facebook. I have just started it, so probably won’t work on any more UFOs till we start the new thread in Jan.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah everyone!

Rob

Last edited by rryder; 12-18-2020 at 04:37 AM.
Old 12-18-2020, 06:24 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
oksewglad, thank you for the block idea and I totally could relate to your panto issue as that happened to me earlier this year when I was doing a quilt for a friend. 😏
Thanks...I think my laser light was loose and had moved out of place as I went across the quilt on the second to the last row. I ripped out about half of the row where it started to go off course and plan to putting it back on the frame for a redo...that will have to wait til next week.
Old 12-18-2020, 07:19 AM

oksewglad, I hope you are 100% soon!

retiredteacher, wow, lovely finish!

Rob, 33 to 20 is great progress! Woo-hoo!
Old 12-18-2020, 03:15 PM

Rob, your UFO tally is great! So many of us on this thread have completed impressive amounts of UFOs during this ultra-trying year. I guess self-isolation is good for something.
It turns out K's daughter doesn't expect us to finish the tops she brought by the time she leaves, so we may hold them until 2021. K wants to spend time with her, since she lives in Wisconsin & this is her 1st trip home in a year or more. Plus, I'm finishing the year with my RWB stars not finished. A UFO that will still be there for me in 2021.
If everyone is ok with it, I'll start the new year's thread near the 31st.