2020 UFO Challenge

Old 02-06-2020, 07:47 PM
Power Poster

It's such a great thing, Connie!
Old 02-07-2020, 07:38 AM

Lots of stuff happening since last time I was able to post.[img]images/smilies/smile.png[/img]

Retired - Congratulation on the grand baby.

Rryder - Awesome quilt, and it scored double!

Gram - Nice pineapples, waiting to see how you quilt it.

Motercyclemad and Ckcowl - those are very nice.

Quiltmom2 - Just take your time and make sure you have good light.

Luvstoquilt welcome yes please join us pictures are just a plus, we like to cheer everyone one!

As for me, just working on a WIP, but did find 7 orphan blocks that I decided to make into 1 table runner and 1 table topper. Made the blocks in 2012, they were some of my first blocks. I was making blocks out of my stash not even trying to use coordinating colors in the different block. I figured it's a sampler why make them match! [img]images/smilies/biggrin.png[/img] Some of them were way too different to put into one quilt.
Old 02-07-2020, 06:13 PM

It’s a new weekend. Can we get some more UFO’s on the completed list by Sunday night? Can we “move the needle,” as it were, toward the February goal of 35?

I’ll be sandwiching grandbaby’s quilt; not a UFO but my top priority now.

Once that is done, I will feel free to return to mt UFO’s.
Old 02-07-2020, 06:37 PM

I was going to wait to have you count the pineapple quilt till i got it quilted and bound, but since i have had company the last couple days, the longarm hasn't been run. So you can count it anyway, if you want. i don't really have any more technical UFOs, but I have lots of projects in waiting that can be considered UFOs. After company leaves I can get back to some stuff.
Old 02-07-2020, 06:38 PM

I am putting borders on a top that I hope to finish tonight or tomorrow morning. It will go to my church group.

Old 02-08-2020, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
I was going to wait to have you count the pineapple quilt till i got it quilted and bound, but since i have had company the last couple days, the longarm hasn't been run. So you can count it anyway, if you want. i don't really have any more technical UFOs, but I have lots of projects in waiting that can be considered UFOs. After company leaves I can get back to some stuff.
Oops, sorry. My bad. Do you think you’ll finish this pineapple one by the end of the month?
Old 02-08-2020, 11:52 AM

Zozee, I just have to put it on the longarm and quilt it. That is my plan for tomorrow. My company just lefft a while ago but I am too tired to work on it today. So it will be done in a couple days. I'll let you know. I need to hunt up the next UFO project, i know there is one somewhere. LOL
Old 02-08-2020, 02:54 PM

Good afternoon everyone, Zozee, love the way you are encouraging us to keep the upbeat momentum of the UFO's. But what I notice is we tend to work steady when we are snowed in. But, there have been some rough storms this weekend on the east coast. Maybe we need to verify if everyone is ok and not suffered any damages or power outages. Praying that none of these things have happen to anyone. Personally I've been enjoying the victory parade and today the sun streaming through my windows. Had big plans now that has gone to the wayside but there is always tomorrow.

First, there will be Church and then I'll continue to work on the new project until I can recover the one UFO from the long-armer. Like I mention before I'll take her another one that is sandwiched and waiting to be quilted

Happy sewing day everyone

cherryb
Old 02-08-2020, 03:45 PM

Certainly didn’t mean to sound pushy or uncaring of anyone’s safety. Forgive me if it came across that way. I hope everyone is okay. There were tornadoes in Maryland yesterday but missed my county.
Old 02-08-2020, 05:52 PM

Zozee: I didn’t take your encouragement that way. I also hope everyone is safe.

Well, my UFO is still languishing but I did watch a 5th grade great niece play basketball this morning and picked up my machine from the LQS for its annual cleaning. Then I came home and my son asked if I wanted to visit grandson Jack. Of course, I said yes! I could only hold him for a few minutes because he is slightly jaundiced so he needed to be on the light mat (bilirubin light thing). I read him 2 books while my son was burping him. Precious. He will be a week old tomorrow.