2020 UFO Challenge

Old 02-14-2020, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
Thank you, krisb, for taking over counting for me. Thanks, everyone, for your prayers. My brother-in-law has been in a step-down unit following a few days in CICU. He had a much better day yesterday so my hubby made plans to come home today. Then last night there was a serious setback (BIL had blood in his urine) so they ran more tests. My hubby and his other 3 brothers have decided to come home anyway and are en route through snow in Ohio.

They are all beyond exhausted and emotionally spent. I am preparing the house now for a relaxing homecoming so he can just plop and drop, get a back rub in his own bed, and tell me all about it. Which should take 32 seconds. He is a man of few words who keeps too much in. (i balance us out with too many words. LOL)
Will be adding my prayers for your family.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Motley;8360881
Also may I ask as I'm still fairly new to these boards do the UFO's need to be just quilts or can they be other projects of left over fabric from o
quilts that is sitting in a box crying because I haven't made it to that pile yet???
Motley, welcome aboard the UFO train, all riders are appreciated and even when you have pix, that you can share. That reminds me, I have some knitting that I have sitting in the closet. I did finish a small piece in early January that was sitting around for a long while. I didn't mention it because I am a little stubborn about downloading the pix. Please come aboard Motley

Zozee you and your family are still in my prayers

This is VQW this weekend everyone and join us over there and see what is being worked on. I am still piecing out the new purple and black patchwork

Happy Sewing Day everyone

cherryb
Old 02-15-2020, 04:52 AM

Please add a Big finish: embroidered 50 states is done, done Done!!! Pulling out next UFO scrappy that has one row left to add.
Zozee: Prayers going in your family's direction from me and I hope your BIL is resting comfortably.
Retiredteacher09: I chuckled when you said you were reading to infant Jack. How right you are, never too early to start reading.
Bugaroo: Love the quilt!
WMUTech: Wow!! That's what I call a Big Finish. Is there a category for the oldest/most challenging UFO of 2020? As per Marlon Brando, you could be "a contender!"
Old 02-15-2020, 05:21 AM

Motley: Welcome to this thread!

QuiltMom2: Congratulations on your embroidered 50 states quilt! We would love to see pictures!

Old 02-15-2020, 06:27 AM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Congratulations to the 3 declared finishes since the last count:

grann of 6 PM’d to say: “Hi, Kris, I am excited to say i just finished the pineapple quilt, so you can add it to the finishes for Feb. i hope to have one or two more finishes this month.”

Originally Posted by QuiltMom2 View Post
Please add a Big finish: embroidered 50 states is done, done Done!!! Pulling out next UFO scrappy that has one row left to add.
​​​​​​
Originally Posted by Pearl40 View Post
It may have taken 5 years but the binding is on. One down, eight to go.
A big hip-hip-hooray to all the finishers!

This brings us to a total of 11. Halfway through January we had a total of 27. Let’s pick it up, self. (I need to say this to myself, because all I have been doing this year is the BH mystery). We have 14 days left.

If you have a finish on the thread and I missed it, please PM me and I will add it.

we would just 💓 to see pictures of all your beautiful creations. To make adding a picture easier (making the magic paper clip appear), use these directions:

Including Images and Attachments (as of 24 Jan 2020)

The attachment is just a test. Now I need to figure out how to delete it.
Attached Thumbnails 3e1b3708-0aeb-4bae-a680-abb6b1c5a728.jpeg  

Last edited by Krisb; 02-15-2020 at 06:33 AM.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:26 AM
Power Poster

Zo...take time with your family. Thinking of you...G
krisb..thanks for taking over for zozee so she can take time with her loved ones!
Welcome to the QB and this thread Motley...the more the merrier!
I'm stitching the binding on a big UFO...a queen sized that's 20 years in the making...but tax season calls and after Monday I should get this finished!

On a side note...when you scroll back and forth real fast over Dedemac's avatar photo it pulsates like a whirligig in the wind...mesmerizing!

Last edited by oksewglad; 02-15-2020 at 07:29 AM.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:54 AM

The bed set is from a local furniture store "Alexanders". Its real wood and finished to an aged look. Queen size. The Farm Girl II quilt is queen but will fit on my king bed. HOWEVER, the quilt is going in the kitchen! I have a stackable washer/dryer right as you come in the door. I have folded the quilt and it drapes down the side of them.
Attached Thumbnails farmgirl-2.jpg   bed.jpg   dresser.jpg  
Old 02-15-2020, 09:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltMom2 View Post
Please add a Big finish: embroidered 50 states is done, done Done!!!
Wow! That is a biggie! I am working on a set with state birds and flowers. I love it but I have less than 15 done, so it's going to take me a while. Congrats and please show pictures!

Love your Farm Girl quilt, Bugaroo. Perfect furniture for it!

And love the dragonflies krisb... even tho you don't mean them as a finish.

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 02-15-2020 at 09:51 AM.
Old 02-15-2020, 01:43 PM

Congratulations QuiltMom2- that’s a major accomplishment!

Buggaroo- love the quilt!

grann of 6 - Congratulations on finishing the pineapple quilt. I love pineapple quilts so I hope you’ll post pics when you get the chance!

Rob
Old 02-15-2020, 02:57 PM

Congrats, Quiltmom! I bet that is beautiful. My MIL did a 50 state quilt and each block is embroidered. It's my fav quilt of hers.

Thanks, Bugaroo, for sharing about your bed. It is really cool!

I picked up my 2 quilts today (1-WIP and 1-UFO) from LA'r...Tomorrow, sewing the binding on both. So, I should be sharing a finish with Krisb tomorrow! Yea! Also, dropped off a year old UFO and she said she'll get it done quickly so maybe I'll have another Feb finish..