2020 UFO Challenge

Old 01-05-2020, 06:45 PM

Thanks, Zozee!! My January goal:

1). FMQ Hexi quilt and bind that puppy.
2). Prevent UFO on current project (just need to sew on borders) by taking to LA (I ordered the backing today cuz I didn't have anything in stash to match and I'm a "matchy girl")
3). Pull out incomplete UFO/BOM project box and get on it..

Old 01-05-2020, 07:16 PM

My January goal is to:
#1. Complete a t-shirt quilt top (someone else is quilting). I supposed it could be considered an UFO since I've had the t-shirts since last May! I just didn't need to have it done until April 2020 so kept putting it off.

#2. Make a list of UFOs...sorting by stages (need quilted, started sewing, started cutting, fabric/pattern bought)

#3. Finish a quilt to donate...someone gave me a bag with two started quilts in. I am not even sure how far along they are so need to figure out where they are. I think one might just need binding...

Old 01-05-2020, 07:39 PM

My January goal: To finish the top on my design wall. Once it is done, my church quilting group will finish it. I would like to finish it within the week.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:05 PM
Power Poster

January UFO goals
1. Quilt DS/DIL quilt...backing is pinned to the LA. I think I will have to repress the top as it's been folded up for so long
2. I usually make 3 small quilts for GK school fundraiser the end of the month...will try to find a suitable UFO for one of them.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:29 PM
Power Poster

I'll join again... Maybe I'll get something done! I still have the same 5 or 6 bed sized personal quilts to be quilted and bound. Some are several years old.

I'd feel a lot more motivated if the picture posting thing was resolved.
Old 01-06-2020, 05:06 AM

I don't think I'll have a finish for January. DH has asked for a queen size quilt for our bed. I spent last year making quilts for our children and then some family members for Christmas. He said now it's our turn! I have never quilted a queen size before, so I'm kind of nervous of doing it on my home machine. Anyhow, I pulled a scrappy UFO from the project draw to make large enough. My January goal is to finish piecing all the blocks.
Old 01-06-2020, 05:11 AM

I'm in. I haven't finished a UFO in ages. I did sew 6 t-shirt dresses and 3 aprons for DGDs for Christmas. I know I have multiple laptop quilts to find and finish. Thanks for the challenge. I'm motivated this year.
Old 01-06-2020, 07:02 AM

I am in again. I managed to get 20 done just in the last seven months of the year. 8 of those were UFOs I haven't been on since just before Christmas, but I was able to get 3 more done before the New Year-2 Moratorium and 1 UFO.

I almost got a second UFO but after getting the strips sewn, I saw that I needed to rethink it a little. That means that its cousin will also need to be tweeked a little. I will need to take stock of what UFOs I have left, but my January goals at the moment are:

Embroidered Wildlife #1-Tweeked
Embroidered Wildlife #2-Adjusted
3 Quillows- Tops are done-need quilted
2 Saturday Samplers-Became UFOs last November.

Old 01-06-2020, 07:13 AM

I didn't finish any UFO's last year. Although, the year before I finished 8. I had help with the quilting. I think I need to be here as I have over 20 UFO's that need to be finished. I have 2 old projects that are sitting with their backings ready for quilting. 3 are with a quilter awaiting their turn and 2 new projects are sitting with their backings. I do have 1 new one started that needs to be finished before I pull anything else out so it doesn't become just another UFO in a long list of UFO's. Then, I think I will adopt Granof6's idea of doing an old one and doing a new one ect. I don't quilt any of my big quilts myself. I prefer to send them out. So, the goal is to at least have 8 to 10 more quilted this year. For me, at least having a finished top sitting in que to be quilted is not a UFO any longer. As It takes awhile to save the money for the quilting. I usually stall at the border stage of every project. But, for this thread, I will only count finishes that are completely finished with binding attached. I'm also on the Fabric Moratorium page as well.as I am compulsive hoarder and store fabric instead of using up what I have. So, hopefully, I will be able to add a few nice finishes to your thread as well. I look forward to seeing all old pretties.
Old 01-06-2020, 07:31 AM

My goal for January is to finish the binding I'm currently working on, get a label on and wash and dry the quilt. I will also be working to finish an En Provence that I started last year (not a UFO). Once that is out of the way I will be able to focus more on UFOs.